Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Singapore Ailines Baggage

Default Singapore Ailines Baggage

Hi, just looking at the Singapore airlines websit and their economy class baggage allowance says 20kg per person. I'm sure some people have said they got their allowances up by mentioning that they had Residency for NZ, any ideas how i can try this yet still book online (as i dont want to walk into a travel agent and pay their commision on top)

(Yes I have been told before that my bum cheeks squeak when i walk )

theres nothing wrong with being canny !!!

I was wondering this too - not so much for the clothes but the paperwork & other assorted crud ....

so not answering at all - sorry but keeping this post at the top

vic x

Just book online, and then if you ring em with your booking reference they'll upgrade it for you - thats what happened to us anyway!

Yes we did that too .

Well my sister in law did with her official aint taking any voice as I was a snivelling wreck at the time not fitting everything into the suitcases .[I had blocked that memory ....its all coming back ]

Good luck !

Marie x

Yup, we booked online. The only difference is that we emailed them to get our luggage allowance increased. This way I had it in writing!

I printed it out, and took it with me to check-in, that way if they questioned the extra amount, I could show it to them.

They didn't, everything was fine, except our hand luggage was too heavy!

Cheers

Tia

Hi
    similar thing with us - I booked online and then followed up with a phone call to the Singapore Air customer services at Heathrow telling them that we were emigrating. The lady I spoke to first time said that they don't allow extra baggage so I said that I had heard of people who had managed to increase their allowance as they were immigrants - she said no way no how. I called again the next day and spoke to someone different who increased it there and then but wouldn't follow it up in writing as she said she had made a note on our booking.

We arrived at the airport with heavier luggage than the minimum allowance and it wasn't even queried. The only thing the check in girl did was put "Heavy" on those suitcases it applied to. During the 6 weeks without our container I wished that we'd packed all our cases to the increased allowance!!!

G

Quote Originally Posted by Tia Maria
    Yup, we booked online. The only difference is that we emailed them to get our luggage allowance increased. This way I had it in writing!
    Thanks for that- I'll give this a go

I'd be very interested in this outcome too - we've been told that no-way can we get any more than the 20kg each as we are going to Christchurch and not Auckland.

They only give the migrants allowance to travellers to Auckland, and no amount of 'persuasive discussion' could get them to change their minds We've had to pare our stuff down below the bare essentials, in my opinion, just to get down to 20 kgs, given the amount of paperwork etc that we need.

Has anyone flown Singapore to Christchurch and got extra baggage, or did you all go to Auckland?

Emily

Hi Emily

Sorry, no help - we flew just to Auckland. Good luck with trying to get your allowance increased, though.

G

Hi

Flew to Chch in May. Emailed customer services and they upped our allowance to 30kg each + the 7kgs hand luggage. Just about to leave home, weighed the bags and they came out at about 150kgs (for 3 of us) . Took it all anyway and at checkin the lady looked at us, said OK that weighs 90 kilos and let us through! She also put priority stickers on the bags so they came off the plane before we did.
    I think we were especially lucky but I would try emailing their customer services and see what they say.

Good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast