Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pillows and Duvets.

Default Pillows and Duvets.

I wonder if someone could please do me a favour.....?

Next time you are out shopping, could you please check out the prices of feather pillows and feather/down duvets, 10-12 tog.

Our bed size is a UK super-king (thats 6 foot x 6 foot 6 inches) and I think that the equivalent to a NZ king size.

Our feather pillows and winter quilt could do with replacing, so I would just like to compare costs.

Yes I know that there is a query over bringing feathers in the container, but I'm going to fetch 'em anyway......lol.

Julie

xx

Talking

hi julie,

I packed some pilliows & double duvets & covers into the boxes that I sent, they travelled fine...cheap holowfibre ones thou for the boys beds

But we had to get a duvet for our bed when we moved into our rental. we bought a WOOL duvet...there are loads of them here, and it is quite good, its warm, but light, but I have no idea how it will be washing it...(didnt read the instructions) but then you cant wash a down one either.

Double bed size duvets are the same as the UK, and a Queen is a square shaped duvet.

heres a site with all the sizes on....

http://www.arbuckles.co.nz/product-care/sheet

[QUOTE=katandbob]

we bought a WOOL duvet...

QUOTE]

Kat you are a star......thankyou.

A wool one eh ?......Well why not - I suppose there are more sheep in NZ than ducks..LOL

Julie

xx

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by katandbob
    hi julie,

I packed some pilliows & double duvets & covers into the boxes that I sent, they travelled fine...cheap holowfibre ones thou for the boys beds

But we had to get a duvet for our bed when we moved into our rental. we bought a WOOL duvet...there are loads of them here, and it is quite good, its warm, but light, but I have no idea how it will be washing it...(didnt read the instructions) but then you cant wash a down one either.

Double bed size duvets are the same as the UK, and a Queen is a square shaped duvet.

heres a site with all the sizes on....

http://www.arbuckles.co.nz/product-care/sheet
    Flannel / Flannelette Sheets

Before use: It is important to wash flannelette sheets before you use them. Soak them overnight in cold water for at least 16 hours.

oops thats why we had bits of fluff everywhere

[QUOTE=zardell]
    Quote Originally Posted by katandbob

we bought a WOOL duvet...

QUOTE]

Kat you are a star......thankyou.

A wool one eh ?......Well why not - I suppose there are more sheep in NZ than ducks..LOL

Julie

xx
    hey....we posted at exactly the same time...spooky

Hi, we bought some recently but I can't remember the price - sorry!

But this is a link to an online department store that sell duvets/pillows etc:

www.stoffels.co.nz

You can probably get them cheaper elsewhere, but it should give you an idea.

Cheers

Tia

oh and sheets...the high thread types, are roughly about $200 - $100 dollars! but there again, buying posh ones from Binns would cost a packet too.

I got given a set of flannelette sheets, cost $79, and they are a decent thread count, the ones from the warehouse cost $35 but the threadcount is crap, and you can see that you definately get what you pay for.

tip is to get them in the sales....hope that helps

We've decided to use our old quilts and pillows here and then dump them and buy new when we arrive - we'll need them in the rental so seems the best way round - if we bought new here and put them in the container we'll have nothing when we are in the rental??!!

Quote Originally Posted by marcia
    We've decided to use our old quilts and pillows here and then dump them and buy new when we arrive - we'll need them in the rental so seems the best way round - if we bought new here and put them in the container we'll have nothing when we are in the rental??!!

Totally agree and that was in my mind too, but with our bed being a waterbed AND a super king size, I was concerned about the bedding sizes more than the prices to be truthful.

Not worth bringing the bed if we can't get the bedding to fit.

With it being a waterbed, you can't lift the mattress and tuck in a sheet - they need to be fitted base sheets......... Didn't make that very clear on my first post did I..........

Although the bed is the usual 6'6" long, it's 6 foot wide. Super king size bedding here is not only expensive, but it's also quite difficult to find in 'regular' shops, so it's not like you can get a 'sale' bargain.

I was hoping that the size would be more readily available in NZ and if that were so, then the prices should be better than here.

*note to self* forget feet 'n inches....don't show your age - convert to metric.

Julie

xx

re bed sizes, I actually found it hard to find Double bed sizes, the norm seems to be Queen, but it didnt phisically fit into the boys rooms, but i had promised them doubles at least...they are getting a bit big for singles now.

I dont think you will have a problem findin a big bed, and they have super mattresses too.

Kat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast