Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ballet schools in Auckland?

Default Ballet schools in Auckland?

Please can anyone suggest a good ballet school in Auckland? My youngest (aged 8) has been doing ballet since age 4, has only done Primary exam so far (Distinction , proud mum!), due to do Grade 1 this autumn and would like to continue in NZ. She currently goes to a Royal Ballet School accredited school in Cardiff and we/she would like her to continue in this fairly "serious" type environment as it suits her personality very well, rather than a "pop" style dance class.
    Thanks in advance,

Gil

Gil

Have you asked Mrs MB, Vera? I think she's a ballet teacher in Auckland.

D x

I thought of Vera, Deborah, but thought MB and family are no longer Auckland based. Praps I should PM them...
    Gil

They're in Te Awamutu area now but Vera works in Auckland still, several days week.

A distinction too? Yes you must be very proud. Well done Little Irons.

Thanks Deborah, I will PM them.
    Gil
    xxx

You're welcome.

There is a Billy Elliot type school in Te Awamatu though - LOL!!

Sorry Gil couldn't resist that! We are much in the same boat as yourselves for Kieran's cello. He has just taken his Grade 3 (his first grade in cello, straight in to it!) and we want to continue with it. Good luck!

Steve
    Last edited by StevieD; 31st July 2006 at 12:06 AM.

Hi Gil
    When we came over here with our 15-year-old daughter it was one of the first things we did. We also wanted a royal ballet and looked around. I suppose it depends on where you are going to live. We are fairly far out NW and we have found a school in New Lynn. It takes about 30 minutes to drive there but in our opinion is worth it. We thought our daughter was up to standard having passed all her exams but the new school seems to have higher standards and are pushing our daughter much harder. At her age it is what she needs and are very, so far, happy with the professional approach of the school. She goes to two classes on Monday night one on Thursday night and three on Saturday. If you need any more info please feel free to ask
    Nigel
    P.S. We found it through google and phoning the Royal Ballet and asking for names

Default New Lynn Ballet?

Hi Gotourvisa,
    We will be moving to Titirangi (near New Lynn) in a couple of months. I'd love the name of the ballet school you have found as I have a 9 year old who shows great promise and interest in ballet...Thanks!
    Amy.

I will PM you the details.
    Nigel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast