Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ASB Bank New Zealand

Default ASB Bank New Zealand

Hi All.

Do any of you in NZ use ASB bank?

Have you used them for transferring your money from UK to NZ ?

If you do use them, how have you found them ?

They have a branch here in the UK in London and after speaking to one of their representatives the other day, it seems that for us at least, they are offering a service that seems to suit our needs, but more importantly, transferring our money from UK to NZ seems quite a simple and reasonably priced process.

Any thoughts, positive or negative would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Julie

xx

We found them great, the money takes about 5-7 working days to turn up in NZ after you do the transfer from your own UK bank to the UK ASB branch. You generally get the bank exchange rate less 0.02c per $ for instance our last transfer we got 2.95, the bank rate was 2.97.

Only had one problem and that was sorted very quickly (we had not filled something in correctly from our N/wide a/c so they had to call and check it was our money), but it only held things up for one day.

I have found the branch staff are really nice and helpful too, just dont go in on a Sat lunchtime as its mayhem, although they still get the job done. Some branches here are open Sundays and bank hols too, if they are inside a shopping mall.

Haven't used them to transfer money but we have a business account with them and they are alright.

The only thing I would criticise would be their apparent lack of security procedures with telephone banking.

Otherwise I do all our stuff online and they have fast net security procedures etc then. Their customer contact centre is helpful enough too.

My bank in NZ is ASB, and I did transfer wire money from Citibank US and it was smooth transfer. I checked the money online.
    Again, this wire is from US to NZ, not sure about UK...I am sure it's easier, especially when there is an ASB branch in London.

We use ASB and they've been nothing but great. We had loads of contact from them before we left the UK, and they guys in the branch over here have been brill too. I don't like the fees, but they are no more than any other bank over here, and it's just something I'll have to get used to!!
    Jon

I've had an ASB account since I was 5 years old , it's a good bank. I haven't transferred money from overseas yet, but I do use their online banking with no problems, and I've had quick responses to my emailed questions.

We are with ASB bank and I would give them , very nice friendly people, we use internet banking mostly, which is very good.

Jules

They are wonderful - we've been with them 19 months now & I can't fault them - we've got everything with them, mortgage, insurances etc. and accounts.

I love having a personal banker where you don't have to use an automated service, you just phone them & they do everything you need - they even phone you to see how things are going & if you need any help! The best thing is I can phone & say Hi its Sarah & the banker asks how my husband is - no entering pin numbers, no giving your date of birth, inside leg measurement & your pets maiden names!!

I've never received bad service & we used them to transfer money on a few occassions - the money was received immediately that it arrived with them (unlike UK banks that faf around (earning our interest) whilst 'processing' the payments!!!

I use their internet banking a lot & its amazing how fast the banking system works out here!

Would thoroughly recommend ASB to anyone.

We found them good - we got 2.95 in May. My only problem was there isnt a branch in Levin- otherwise we would have stayed with them (they seem really up to date and you get a cash card straight away instead of waiting 10 days and then going back into the branch to activate it!)

hi

ASB - we sent off on thursday to London for an account & got everything back today .... WOW super speedy service - all seems pretty simple too .

Impressed so far , will let you know more in about 3 weeks

vic x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast