Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Golden arrow for pets - is it worth it ?

Out 2 year lab is going out with Golden Arrow early Sept (collected 4th and flying 11th). We chose then first and foremost because I felt comfortable with them and the testimonials/reputation and secondly because they would collect her from us, it just also happened that they were one of the most reasonable quotes as well. We are on the English border and if we couldn't get somebody to collect her it would have been a long train journey to London/Heathrow to drop her off as we have managed to sell the car and have a borrowed set of wheels for a few weeks. If you are near Heathrow I'd go with a company down there that you feel comfortable with, save on their travelling distances.
    Good luck
    Lynne

Have to agree, GA made it easy, although at the time they did not collect from Scotland, so I had to deliver, worked out OK as its not too far from my parents.

The setting they have is great, in the middle of nowhere by a lake, they have your pets 4 days before, for the last couple of worming/flea treatments and then introduce them to their travel crate, so its not a total shock when they get put in it.

Our boy arrived a little nervous, but happy enough.

However our dog came via Manchester, so your cat would more than likely do the same, so you could cut out some travel time for them by using someone more local to you.

Smile golden arrow

Hi I am using golden arrow and I live in cornwall and will be driving my dog upto shropshire on the 5th sept. They fly them from manchester not heathrow the service so far has been exceptional, they write you a letter to take to your vet detailing all the tests that have to be done. They give them the dates that they have to be done they even supply all the pots and slides for tests ect very very professional. Hope this helps with you making your final decision.

nicquie

Quote Originally Posted by nicquie
    Hi I am using golden arrow and I live in cornwall and will be driving my dog upto shropshire on the 5th sept.
    nicquie
    Its not too bad to find, but the last mile is up a rough track with some pretty good potholes in it, so be prepared! It does not look at all commercial when you get there, but they are really nice.

Hi we would have used them for our beloved ginger tom but we thought he was to old for the journey so he has moved in with our lod neighbours in England.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12