Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golden arrow for pets - is it worth it ?

Default Golden arrow for pets - is it worth it ?

Hello,

Still very new to all this - but so far its been a fantastic place to research info and get answers to my questions - everyone does a great job in helping people out with answers/advice. One thing I'm still struggling is about shipping our cat. She's only two and we are definitely bringing her. Everyone on here so far has recommended Golden Arrow. My only concern is that they are in Shropshire and I only live 20 mins from Heathrow. As my cat already hates going in the car, I'm loathe to take her all the way there, only for them to bring her all the way back. I know that there are some other pet exporters far nearer heathrow, so was trying to gauge whether its worth putting her through the extra car journey ?.

Also, can anyone help with the actual process and whats involved - I did look at the MZ biosecurity form but its quite intimidating!

Any help gratefully received..

Hi can't help with shipping pets - we are only taking the kids (even though we said they were monkeys the shippers wouldn't entertain them!!) !!

Just wanted to say welcome the forum.

Good luck and keep posting!

Welcome to the forum

We are thinking about going with them for our 2 cats as they've been recommended by a few people.

When I spoke to them it sounded like they do everything to ensure a smooth ride and the animals are well looked after. If anyone has used them please let us know if this is the case!!

Good luck in your move...

Hi Pip welcome to the forum.

We are using Golden Arrow to ship our dog, purely because they seem to come so highly recommended by people. One of the impressions I had about them was cost wise they were the best. However I read a thread the other day that makes me question this. Not sure if I lived where you are that I would bother though. There must be many good firms out there. I am under the impression that if you use one of these companies they complete all the paperwork for you?

Hi
    We are probably going with "Airpets" they are very close to Heathrow and come highly recomended. They are the ones I felt most confident with.
    01753 685571 or e-mail info@airpets.com
    Hope this helps
    Angi

Hi Pip,

Welcome to the forum.
    We were looking at using Golden Arrow to ship our two year old lab over and once you make contact with them they will send you a quote and a timeline of everything that needs to be done. They are very friendly and very helpful - I would be more than happy to entrust them with my 'baby' when we eventually fly to NZ! Might be worth contacting them and explaining your circumstances - they may have a good suggestion!

Airpets is closer to you although I think they may be a little more expensive then GA.

Good luck with everything.

JUst seems like a huge rip off to me looking at the fees involved... how they can justify the costs baffles me.

Anyway pip, welcome to the forum!!

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by StevieD
    JUst seems like a huge rip off to me looking at the fees involved... how they can justify the costs baffles me.

Anyway pip, welcome to the forum!!

Steve
    Shhhhh ..... I have only just convinced Ian that she is worth it!

wow..thanks everyone. Nice to feel so welcome. and really useful to know that Golden Arrow send out a timeline.. I think I'll try both Golden Arrow and Airpets and see who comes across as the most organised/helpful. Cost is relevant, but having a happy cat is my top priority!

I've heard good things about both Airpets and Golden Arrow. We looked into bringing our boys but at a cost of about £2000 with catteries both ends and one very skittish cat who hates travelling we decided to rehome them instead. They are still sadly missed and I am soooo keen to get some new cats to make our house a home. There are def days when I regret the decision to rehome them (although they are very very happy in their new home - spoilt rotten they are!! ).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast