Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Doing a bunk?

Another thought occurs to me regarding something you may need to talk to him about. If he doesnt learn to deal with this now - at some point in his life he is going to have a much bigger problem to deal with. Debt never gets smaller unless you work at it.

So many people are literally crippled with fear at the size of thier debts. They cant sleep, they cant function ands they spiral down in to a very black pit. Hopefully - the size of teh problem now is not too big a task to deal with. If he ignors it (even if he succesfully runs away from it) whats to stop him getting into debt again???? He'll be just as likely to mess up again as soon as he gets a new credit card.

If he does it now, hopefully in his thirties (if he can think that far ahead) he wont be in such a pickle as lots of people are. And maybe - juts maybe - he will be one of the few people who understand that a credit card does not mean the bank is giving you free money to spend. Its not a gift out of the kindness of thier hearts - and they WILL want it back.

And if all that doesnt scare some sense into him - we may need to send in

THE COMFY CHAIR

You know what though, who would be the bigger criminal, the son or the thieving, robbing, low life credit card companies!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StevieD
    You know what though, who would be the bigger criminal, the son or the thieving, robbing, low life credit card companies!!!
    Cant argue with that logic......

I have to agree that there is a very good chance of the debt collecting agencies catching up with him.

A friend of mine works in this environment and over coffee one day we discussed this issue (OK, only jokingly on my part!) She seems to think in the "small" world of today there is a very good chance of them finding you if you leave a lot of money owing.

The risk he will also be taking is if he does get caught, is the amount he will end up owing will be FAR more than the original debt. The charges and interest that are added on are huge.

Hi

I kinda ran away from chorley borough council oce - poll tax !!! & yes they tracked me down to NZ , now if the council could find me 16 years ago i'd wager the credit card companies certantly will find your son .

sorry

vic

Quote Originally Posted by mossum
    I kinda ran away from chorley borough council oce - poll tax !!!
    Quick everyone, don't lend any of your stuff to vic, ever! You'll never, ever get to see it again.

Agree with all that has been written so far - and I for one wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life looking over my shoulder!!!!!

Tell him to grow up - he spent the money, now its time to accept the responsibilties and pay it back and start living in the real world - it's pretty tough sometimes!

The risk he will also be taking is if he does get caught, is the amount he will end up owing will be FAR more than the original debt. The charges and interest that are added on are huge.
    And he'd be paying it back on a NZ wage

BTW ssnjeff - Noticed that was your first post - welcome to the forum!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast