Thread: Trade-me Registration

Default Trade-me Registration

I have seen loadsa stuff on www.trademe.co.nz, and even a rental property i wanted to rent, but when i try to register on trademe, one of the things they ask for is an NZ landline phone number. Has anybody out there figured a way around this, as without registering you cannot mail the sellers or ask them questions. I have friends in NZ who can view the properties for me, but dont want to ask them to join trademe really as they are already doing alot for me.

I know I registered from the UK 8 months before we arrived, but I couldn't become an authenticated member til I got here. This involves gives your NZ address and receiving a PIN number etc which you need to log in with.Without this I'm sure all I could do was search, not buy etc. Sorry not much help, it seems a long time ago now.

Would your friends be happy for you to put down their phone number? Someone might know better but TM are unlikely to call you, (in my experience).

I can ask questions for you on trademe if you want and relay the answers to you on here? Hope that helps

:-)

I think trade me is a big fat rip off!

To do anything you have to be authenticated, so if lets say you want to buy a car and you would like to arrange to see it first, then you have to be an authenticated member to ask the seller a question like “ can I come and see it”

To become authenticated you have to pay a fee, paying a fee to buy something goes against the grain IMHO.

www.ebay.co.nz doesn’t charge customers, just the seller which lets face it, its not unreasonable to pay for an add.

Trade me ask for a credit to your account (to become authenticated) just in case you ever decide to sell anything, come on lets be honest here, more people buy than sell so I paid for a sellers fee just to use the site!

Bob

PS you cant even report a suspect item unless you pay them to do so, that’s just wrong and irresponsible, and I guess that’s why you can freely buy a tazar gun in the guise of a had held cattle prod!

Quote Originally Posted by bob_the_engineer
    PS you cant even report a suspect item unless you pay them to do so, that’s just wrong and irresponsible, and I guess that’s why you can freely buy a tazar gun in the guise of a had held cattle prod!
    Bob
    You can use the 'report a listing' link at the bottom of each page where it says community watch, if that helps?

D

is your rental in Whangarei? if so i might be interested. Please let me know the details.