Thread: Antique stove restoration

Default Antique stove restoration

Hi, not expecting loads of answers on this one, but does anyone know of a restorer of antique stoves in the Auckland area? We have a wood burner that comes from a Grade II listed building in the UK and want to bring it with us.

Over herem restoration quotes are approx £120.

Worth doing here or brining with?

Thanks for any help/advice,

Gil

Might be worth bringing with you if it complies. Woodburner's in NZ are a little different than in the UK although you can get quality imports like Jotul or Morso - for a quality import price.

We thought about bringing a Godin woodburner with us from France but have since found out that they may not satisfy NZ fire safety standards.

So see if you can find out first what the standards and regs are for installation first.

The building industry in NZ is going thru a real shake up at the moment and they are pretty hot (no pun intended) on all sorts of issues.

I helped with the renovation specifications on an old house of my mother's and we had to have a consent permit to move a loo 50 cms from where it originally stood!

I did download some useful woodburner info off an NZ site once - if I come across it in my packing in the next few weeks I'll get back to you.

A. Blake

BSc (Hons) Constn. Mgmt

Thanks Blakie, compliance hadn't even crossed my mind!!

Gil