Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: taking your tv?

Default taking your tv?

after reading all the recent posts about what to take with us when we move we have now decided to take pretty much everything we've got.

but, we've got some nz friends who live in darfield who lived in london for 5 years and they have told us not to take any televisions with us but to sell them here first as they reckon uk tv's don't work very well in nz.

anyone had any problems? we don't really want to sell our telly as it's only a year old.

olivia

Talking T.Vs

We brought our TV over and the DVD player (multi region of course) and both work fine...laptop too. Hope this helps.

thanks, i think we will take the tv after all.

olivia

I was reading on Sky NZ website last week that TVs from the UK wouldn't work but have since heard otherwise on this forum.

It depends how old they are, if they are new, then you should be fine, as you can adjust the settings, something to do with PAL.

Ours is now three years old and it works here fine, after rejigging a menu setting.

Yes, and if it is older you buy a cheapy video recorder and use that to receive the TV signals and play through your TV set

Steve

Thanks everyone. I can't believe how knowledgeable you all are. I have lots to learn.

Hi

Definately bring the tv, ours is a flat screen and as only 2 yrs old and works fine. You might experience a problem with the screen after a while which happened to us, but this is not uncommon and is due to the gas in the tv becoming unsettled during transit. We thought we may have to buy a new one but it did rectify it self, other friends had the same problem but a tv shop can de-magnatise the screen.

Hope this helps

Default TV's from the U.S

Anyone brought a TV from the U.S recently? We have one that is about a year old that I would like to bring with us if it would work OK...
    Amy.

US TV's normally work on the NTSC system, whereas NZ uses PAL (don't worry, all to do with frequencies and different phasing systems of the video and sound). However, if it a fairly new set, check the handbook, because there are a lot of modern TV's that are dual standard, and if you go in to the menu system, you can reset the TV, and it will search and set up to the new standard when it sees it. BUT - carefully check any handbook for your TV before you take this option.

Good luck

Steve

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast