Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Word of warning - weapons

we have a couple of target bows/ hunting bows with alluminium and carbon fibre arrows,these are just as deadly as a rifle ,but when I asked our shipper about them he said no problem as they will be classified as sporting equipment,
    when i was in NZ last year there were far more weapons in the shops than you see here ,Hunting any form of wildlife is a major sport in NZ they even have Possum hunts to raise cash for school funds

I am a scuba diver and have a "mother" of a knife. Will they class that as sporting equipment ?

Just to let you know that we have now had a letter from the police authorising the importation of the knife. Don't know what we do now. I 'spose I'll call Crown and ask them if they can handle it for us.

Latest update.

We had to send the Approval for Application to Import Dagger that we got from the police to the customs people in Wellington and they have delivered the dagger to us today at home. What a service I thought we would have to go to Wellington to collect it.

Wow, that's service!!

What about taking back replica swords to the UK in a suitcase? Have seen some lovely items that I know my brother would like.. mainly Japanese..

Has anyone applied for permission to bring in a pistol? Is MAF likely to approve such a request?

Just wondering if we should sell ours before moving...

RoadRunner

Mine's going to my dad. Seeing as how the police in NZ do NOT carry firearms as part of their routine job, their gun laws are a bit more strict than the 2nd ammendment (US right to bear arms). If it was an antique pistol I'd say ask about it, but if it does not have sentimental value, I'd sell it prior to moving.

Everyone knows the law is an ASS! I can just see it now - Killer granny knits cardigan for prison guard with offensive knitting needles....

Ehm.. Mr. Tarantino, a word please

Reworking this thread, as Andy is being given an ornamental samurai sword as a gift.

Talking to the shippers tomorrow, but how do I go about getting police permission from the UK.

Thanks all.

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who brought firearms over - what they brought, and what they went through.

Thanks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast