Thread: motor mechanic

Default motor mechanic

are there a high demand for mechanics in auckland area?

travelling in late sept from uk and going to apply from nz for wtr,told it takes a lot less time than from here.

martin

plenty of jobs all over NZ for mechanics especially diesel and truck mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by SteveR
    plenty of jobs all over NZ for mechanics especially diesel and truck mechanics

Very true, there seems to be a few adds every week in the local paper for mechanics (diesel mechanics are particularly sort after)

Bob

im a car/van mechanic,
    what kind of salary band are we talking for these jobs?

ive been offered a salary of $52000,is this good or not?

martin

50K is a good wage for a mechanic around central north island not sure around Auckland but would expect it to be pretty good for there also.

Hi Guys

Got friends coming over from the UK in a few months. He is a motor mechanic (diesel I think) and I have told him that I think he would have no trouble getting a job over here. However, initially they would like to settle North Shore / Auckland where we are and I have seen nothing in the local papers.

Are there agencies that would deal with mechanics? he is also MOT trained and could maybe look into that but where would he initially go if there is nothing the papers? Also anyone know any web sites or agencies he could make contact with before he heads over?

Any help would be apreciated.

Thanks

Nanny x