Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: baggage allowance

Angry baggage allowance

Just been to travel agents this morning... thought will be straight forward to book our flight out
    With 7months old baby and 3 years old, i am taking pushchair, two car seats and travel cot, and found out that car seats and travel cot will be part of baggage allowance so even on the top of it there is no extra baggage allowance for emigrating by airline i was going to use, Emirates from birmingham...
    Any advice??!! or advice any other airline (rather not to fly out from London) we can use that accept car seats and travel cot with extra allowance?!
    Thanks!

Are you buying seats for both children and going to use the car seats on the plane? Crazy question but what kind of car seats are they?

Emily

Already got three car seat, but taking two of them as my daughter is 7 months old and my son is 3 years, so we will put them with luggages not in the cabin as children will be without car seats to get around in the car if i put in shipping container for up to 8 weeks. Is that any help?

I donít know anything about car seats etc but singapore airlines fly from manchester and do give an enhanced luggage allowance if you are emigrating. So that may be an option worth investigating?

I think what Emily was getting at is, if your kids have their own seats on the plane, then you can (probably) take the car seats into the cabin for them to use on the plane, and the car seats will count as cabin baggage, not as checked baggage.

Hi,
    we are flying with Air NZ and are taking one car seat on board for our 2 year old to sit on - as she has a child's ticket (too old to be classed as an infant) she can have this as cabin luggage and it doesn't affect her luggabge allowance. However this airline's allowance per person is only 46 k which I think may be smaller than others. Hope this helps,
    tracey

Quote Originally Posted by Oregonkiwi
    I think what Emily was getting at is, if your kids have their own seats on the plane, then you can (probably) take the car seats into the cabin for them to use on the plane, and the car seats will count as cabin baggage, not as checked baggage.
    Yes, exactly. And if you use the car seats on the plane, then you can gate check the stroller which should not count as luggage, unless Emirates is different. I know it's a lot to lug up to the gate but worth it if it protects your baggage allowance.

We have the Britax Marathon and use the GoGoBabyz attachment which allows you to stroll the car seat through the airport. Loved it! We strapped the kids into their car seats and moved them about while we shoulder carried their umbrella strollers. Went up to the gate, gate checked the strollers and then carred the car seats into the cabin and strapped them in. Greg swears you can do this with the GoGoBabyz still attached but I took it off. Here's the link if it helps: http://www.gogobabyz.com/products/gogo_kids.html. See if your car seat is listed.

Emily

Nippa&Pippa

Have you spoken to Emirates direct, rather that the agent? Might be worth a call.

Air NZ has the biggest baggage allowance and is worth thinking about if you fly to Auckland direct. bit of a hassle if you fly to Chch. It might be worth doing a forum search on this as it has been covered several times before.

No matter which airline you fly with it's always worth calling them direct. The agent doesn't always have the authority to grant extra luggage allowance but if you speak to the airline direct, explain that you are emigrating you often get granted extra.

It's worth a phone call. Good luck.

Diny

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast