Thread: abnormal cervical smear test-will it affect medicals?

Default abnormal cervical smear test-will it affect medicals?

Hi,
    Can anyone let me know if they have had similar experience........we have just been selected from e.o.i pool and are awaiting invitation to apply - I had my rountine smear test last month (urgh!), which has come back as abnormal - very mild changes - have to go back for another test in 6 months ......will this affect my medical ?

Thanks in advance for any advise!

Cheers
    Debs

Debs

I was reading something on here yesterday about this, was it Moorf's posting.
    Have a search, I can't find it right now. grrrrr.

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....light=cervical YAY.
    Last edited by Smiler; 16th September 2006 at 08:04 AM. Reason: found link

Don't worry in the slightest bit. I had the same thing and they were not remotely interested - it is so common and really doesn't mean a thing.

Kate x

Nope, not a problem with your medical. You'll be fine. I had the same happen to me.

Like the others posted earlier, I had an abnormal pap and no problems with the medical.

Cheers!

Phew!

Thanks girls I was worried about that too. Had one abnormal, 6 months later one normal, then 6 months later another abnormal, need another in 6 months!

Glad they won't be interested in that. Have a feeling they are going to want to know the ins and out of my breast cancer history though

Am going to get OH and kids sorted with work and student permits before I start on me. I still have another 5 months left on my vis visa and thats before I can apply for a 3 month extension in needed. Keeping everything crossed!

Anyone get any better ideas?

Nanny x

Hi gang. I had an abnormal smear last month and was referred to my local hospital for a coloscopy which i had done and a cervix biopsy, i have another app thro for a womb scan! Has anyone had one of them? I must admitt i would'nt like to leave the UK till i have the all clear which according to my hospital notes could be 12 months! Me,Ste and girls are going over on a visitors visa and are in the process of selling our house(no offers yet). We were hoping to go asap but are now thinking please don't sell too quickly because of these smears. Is the smear test on the NZ medical for us women? Tracy.

Default Follow up

Hi Debs. I am in the same situation as you were a couple of years ago re abnormal smear results. Can you tell me if there was any problem with your application? Did they require any more info, and did it delay your application? Thanks