Thread: What are the fastest growing cities in NZ?

Default What are the fastest growing cities in NZ?

What are the fastest growing cities in NZ? Are they all in the North Island or are some of them on the South Island? Why are the cities at the top of the list growing so fast?

This site shows the population of each urban area in 1986, 1991, 1996, 2001, and 2005:

http://www.citypopulation.de/NewZealand.html

Default The rich

The fast growing city I belive in the South Island and maybe the whole of NZ as a percentage is Queenstown which is a for the mega rich.

There are lots of menial jobs available.

There are shortages in the tourism industry and everything else but no one work can work there because they can't afford tolive there because real estate is so expensive.one of the most expensive real estate in NZ. 50 percent who own actual real live outside of Queenstown which means is is a second holiday home for some or they work somewhere else..

It depends on what you mean by fastet growing cities - do you mean by population density?
    If so, you can find out all that kind of information on the Statistics NZ website.

http://www.stats.govt.nz/default.htm

The reason for population growth (if that is your interest) is the same as anywhere else in the world. An increasing birth rate, declining death rate and an increase in immigration.
    I have yet to go anywhere in NZ though and find it crowded or overpopulated (and I live in the most crowded and populated city here). Coming from London I find NZ refreshing in that sense.

Tauranga is one of the fastest growing Cities in the NI. Jobs are a bit of a though. The infastructure of the place is taking time to catch up with the growth