Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nursing Council NZ

Default Nursing Council NZ

Hello,

I'm wondering how other people have got on in their dealings with the NZ Nursing Council?

I've read registration can take 3 - 6 months, is this true?

Everything I've sent to them seems to have been "lost in the post."

I'm interested in hearing how other people have got on.

Regards

Karen

Karen, we are in The Netherlands and it took my wife
    total 6 months to get it all done;
    now also when we arrive in NZ she has to do 4/6 weeks work at a hospital to get her final registration as a nurse;
    we also have experienced that a letter has not arrived , even sent in twice and also they are not very quick;
    when i told my wife to call them, late in the evening our time, she
    often got an answering machine but finally got thru, important is to get a file number, once you have that you can tell them that on the phone;
    in our case, they said often really we have not received.... letter, my wife told them on the phone you MUST HAVE !! they then looked in the file and yes, sorry indeed we have received it.....
    we will confirm by letter to you soon now...
    finally this letter indeed came, so get your file number soonest and
    just phone them with the question what the status of your file is..

good luck
    Pim

Yes, same problems for me. In my case I was already registered but had to get an Annual Practice Certificate after nursing in the UK for 9 years. Had to get a letter of 'good standing' sent from the UK NMC which went astray - despite the NMC sending it registered post and someone in NZ signing for it!!! Luckily the NMC were happy to send another without charging me for it. It still took months to get my Annual Practice Cert that should've only taken weeks!! They seem to be very disorganised at the Nursing Council! Good luck.

Debs

Hello,

Thanks for replying, Pim. I was worried someone would say something like this.

I have a reference number, we are in the UK and so like you I have to phone them late at night and it's not always easy to get through.

Documents haven't been received even when sent registered mail and they wouldn't accept one of my references as it hadn't been dated but they didn't tell me that until I contacted them about something else two months later.

When we get the copies of our medical reports back our ITA will be ready to return except for the nursing registration. At this rate we miss the deadline and have to submit our EOI again and start all over!

Good luck with your new lives!

Karen

whoops kiwidebs!
    didn't see your reply there - more of the same I see!
    I hope someone somewhere has something good to say...

How did it go in the end guys? We've got the ITA through and are just waiting for the police checks to arrive so we can send off the registration application.

Would it be worth us sending the registration off ASAP then sending the poice form under seperate cover when it arrives in the hope of speeding up the process?

Hi,

Clare sent off all the required bits and bobs and having not heard anything foe a while we had a letter from NZ council informing us that her one references hadn't dated it and that there was no notification from her nursing school where she trained.
    Reference recieved boot up the bottom and the nursing school in this country had not recieved Clare's first letter so one phone call later the correct certification was on its way.
    This was beginning of last week, so we now await for NZ council

We decided to not do anything re EOI until Clare's regristration was sorted

Hope all your problems are soon resolved

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by benandclare View Post
    We decided to not do anything re EOI until Clare's regristration was sorted
    Very sensible by the sound of things

We too waited to get my registration before submitting EOI, fortunately for us it all went smoothly, but did take just under 12 weeks.

Advise for those requesting NZ nurse registration!!!!!!!!!
    We are at the end of our request for our nurse registration,however the NZ council have now requested a letter stating the number of hours worked in the last 3 years as neither of us have worked in NZ.This was not stipulated within the list of requirements (although it is for the annual practising certificate)and is now going to add time onto the application.
    Helen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast