Thread: Cycling gloves & shoes

Default Cycling gloves & shoes

Hoping for some advice on the price of cycling gloves (fingerless with gel pads) and cycling shoes (soft or hard) in New Zealand. We're going to be needing some new ones by the time it comes to move and not sure whether to get them here (gloves £15, shoes £70+) or wait until we arrive.

Any advice anyone? Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Haydee (who madly cycles across London to work every day!)

Few quality clothing items are noticeably cheaper here. If it is cheap, there is often a (bad) reason...

It took us ages to locate certain types of goods as none of the familiar shops are to be found in your new country and pricea vary a lot from shop to shop. It may save you much heartache if you buy them in the Uk and bring with you, saving hassle if not cash!
    OTOH cycling is much more popular here than in the UK and you will probably have little trouble locating your requisites.

I would say buy them in the UK if you want quality and not too expensive. Cheap gloves here are about $20, but for better ones up to $50. Shoes - the clippy in ones - are probably in the region of $150 here. Now that might seem cheaper from where you are in the UK but once you start earning NZ$ it's not!

R

Thanks ever so much - exactly what I was looking for. We'll be setting aside some of our GBP for purchases when we first arrive, so it may make sense to get them in NZ. That said, if I see some I really like before we leave (especially in the Christmas specials!), then it may make better sense to get them here in the UK.

Thanks again for the info. Much appreciated.

Haydee