Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auckland English food Shop

Default Auckland English food Shop

http://www.theenglishcornershop.co.nz/

Went for a look in here today, its more of an industrial unit than a shop, but its sells Cadbury fudges, and Bramptins have not had them in for months!

Some prices lower than Bramptins a few are higher...

On the subject of foreign food shops - the biltong from the South African food shop Orewa is possibly the best in NZ....and it's actually quite healthy too

Quote Originally Posted by jubjub
    http://www.theenglishcornershop.co.nz/

Went for a look in here today, its more of an industrial unit than a shop, but its sells Cadbury fudges, and Bramptins have not had them in for months!

Some prices lower than Bramptins a few are higher...
    The bonus about these guys are they will take orders for things they don't stock - we are just waiting for some Bold which he promises will be lower than Bramptins. I think he imports for the Next shop in DressSmart as well as there are Next posters up?

They take orders? For real?

Does this mean I can get Daz Liquid? Please god say yes!! I'm missing getting my whites whiter than white!
    Also, I'm craving Hellman's mayo ..... the mayo here just isn't right.

So if they don't have these things in store I can ask for them to be ordered? Are they usually expensive?

So many questions .... there is a UK shop near us in Browns Bay and its ok, just not very big.

Quote Originally Posted by Stapleton-Gray
    They take orders? For real?

Does this mean I can get Daz Liquid? Please god say yes!! I'm missing getting my whites whiter than white!
    Also, I'm craving Hellman's mayo ..... the mayo here just isn't right.

So if they don't have these things in store I can ask for them to be ordered? Are they usually expensive?

So many questions .... there is a UK shop near us in Browns Bay and its ok, just not very big.
    Yes and Yes Yes he will get you things in......but yes they are expensive - as with anything shipped around the world. He told me, he was trying to be lower than Bramptins for everything, but I've not tested that out yet.

Neil

jubjub- my friend just moved to Auckland (born in UK, lived in US for 10 years) I sent her the link and she is so grateful it almost made me cry! Thanks for the link!
    Ana

Stapleton - Best Foods Mayo (in most supermarkets) is Hellmans - I'm a mayo freak and it is definitely the same

Ana, there is always

http://www.bramptins.co.nz/

and

http://www.gourmetmemories.co.nz/

and if she lives in/near Newmarket, someone told me there is a deli there that sells some englsh stuff but I dont know what that is called.

Excellent - I'll definitely check them out - Need my Daz!!

Moorf - I have tried Best Foods Mayo, that's what I've been using but it still doesn't have that same affect. Also, I want the purple hellman's....the extra light version, that was my fav.

So I think I'll get ordering. Who cares how expensive it is, sometimes you just need white clothes and yummy mayo!

Ooooo I wonder if they can get me some Marks and Spencers food products in too!? I miss my weekly shop in there :-(

Cool, thanks! I'll pass it on!
    Ana

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast