Thread: An Example of Double Glazing Costs... (Canterbury)

Default An Example of Double Glazing Costs... (Canterbury)

We had a local guy come round to quote for double glazing areas of the house, bit by bit (because we didn't think we could afford to get it all done, the house is half glass!).

Here's a pic of two of the current window panel units - each one consists of 4 panes, one of which is a window which opens outwards.

This same unit is used throughout the house - there 9 in total and other panes such as doors, 1st floor windows etc etc but I had the main panel costed....

I was very surprised at the cost which is just $1,320 which includes new frame for the window panel and new locks (total size of unit is 2550 x 2000mm).

Thought it might be a good guide for anyone who is considering putting double glazing into an existing property.

Moorf

very usefull, thanks.

Can you PM me with details of who you used?

Are thay just local or linked to a chain, (some hope!). At that price definatly worth considering.

Debbie

Yep, the company is a small local company called Malvern Glass, PO Box 18, Springfield, Canterbury - guys name is Andrew Sanderson 03 318 4128 / email anfidyon@xtra.co.nz

Drop him a line and mention me and perhaps he can provide you with info on some local glaziers you can use and/or some pricing guidelines.

He's a lovely guy and very helpful.

I met him one day at a neighbours as he was fixing a broken pane when I popped by, I literally dragged him next door to my place for a quote!!

Awww! Summer looks so peaceful sleeping in the sun.

Emily