Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Medical Costs!

Default Medical Costs!

Ow, that HURT! No, not the blood test, the cost! We had our medicals yesterday and for the 4 of us, bearing in mind Tom is 8 and Matt is 12, we paid £4 short of £500

I don't know why, but I really didn't expect it to be SO high. We haven't even paid for the x-rays yet!

I'm panicking now about the results of the blood tests. I really wish I hadn't had that extra glass of wine on Saturday night!!

What a blow......I didnt think that they would cost that much !!

Charlosparky told me to shop around as they found that the cost of medicals varied considerably.

Oh well, another job on next weeks 'to do' list..........

x

Ouch! At least they're over Nicola! Such a relief to get each stage completed.
    Zardell, check out Dr Million in Manchester. We saved £550 on the price quoted for a family of six by a South Wales practice, even taking into account petrol, overnight stay in Manchester etc.!! Plus he was really nice.
    Gil

Wow gil that was a good save. Ours came to £1270 for a family of 6 at the BUPA in nottignham at the end of our road. Went to Stoke instead for Just under a grand, 50 minute drive away and 2 weeks wait instead of 5weeks (BUPA said "sorry the emmigration dept only work tues and thurs- no we dont send you any information untill you have booked- yes thats 5 weeks") Mmm thanks. And the Stoke guys were really helpful too.

Ours were £225 for 2. I hope Dr Palmer was gentle with you

Default Sympathy!

Going on Wednesday 30/11 for bloods, Thursday 1/12 for medicals a family of 4,£521. (North East England). Had X-rays another £100, and have since had reply from NZQA saying they have received my paperwork then promplty lost some of it, thankfully it has turned up again and now they require verification of my awards from City and Guilds even though I sent all of my original certificates as well as copies. Money, money, money will it ever end???? I'm sure it's all going to be worth it in the long run!!
    I hope we get accepted after all of this. At this rate we will have to sell house anyway to pay for all the paper work if we get in or not.

EOI submitted 07.09.05
    EOI selected 14.09.05
    ITA received 24.10.05

D&J

Yes it does feel like you are carrying round your money in a sieve for a while, especially when the big bills hit like the medicals, ITA fee, migrant levy fee, air fares.

But, it is worth it and we looked upon it as an investment in our future.

When that plane touchs down, it all fades away quite quickly.
    Deborah

I'm sure you are right.We are coming on holiday on April 6th 2006 and I'm convinced we will love it, wife is worried about houses, I just want to go for it but with two small children we must make sure.Have done alot of home work, has been 2yrs nearly now since we first applied and got rejected but have stuck with it and here we are, not long now hopefully!! Any tips would be grateful!

D&J

Reading your last post...........Well done for sticking 'this' out for 2 years.

Deborah

Thos of you who went to Dr Millions - may i ask just how much it was? He's not too far away from us and if he's cheap then I think we could be going to him as well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast