Thread: Dannemora/Howick any advice....!

Question Dannemora/Howick any advice....!

hi there, me again! Whe have been looking at rentals for some time now, and just can not find anything that we like. Yesterday we saw a couple of nice rentals in Dannemora and Howick. Can anyone advise me on the neighbourhood? I can not find much to read up on anywhere?????
    Please, please any help will do. Very importantly I need to know if there are god day care for little Jed(3)......

There have been quite a few threads about Howick, they should come up if you do a forum search, go to advanced and put howick in the search titles only option.

Dannemora is a different kettle of fish, its a new neighbourhood, I know several people that live there, their houses are very nice, streets seem pretty quiet. There are at least two daycares to my certain knowledge and a new school is being built, (a promary I am pretty sure), some small shops are around but its right next to Botany town centre, so hundreds of shops there.

I am going to assume you are from the UK as you dont say, but the area looks like any other modern estate you get in the UK, small gardens, not much variety in house styles, but if you want clean modern child safe cul de sacs and a nice new house with all the gadgets, then its probably a good place for you. Mostly bungalows, but the larger houses are two storey, and they are all brick and tile (still no central heating though!).

Hope that helps, if you are going to stay in Auckland, this is well worth the money...
    http://www.wheretoliveinauckland.co.nz/

our daughter has lived in Howick for the past 3 years and seems to like it enough to have bought a house there.

My brother in law lives there.
    Got to be honest....not my cup of tea - too much like the U.K.

My nieces got to the new High School there - it seems to be getting a very good reputation.

I love living in Howick. We can walk to the shoppes and to the beach and I feel pretty safe here. Dannemora is a typical new suburb - no character and you can't really walk anywhere, but people seem to love it.

Isnt searching for rentals in Auckland just terrible? We have just found a nice little place in Kohimarama.

thanks for all the help! this really made up my mind. I am from south africa, so needless to say safety is our first concern. We live in a security controlled area(access through one main gate, controlled by armed response) and love the modern houses we have seen in howick and dannemora!!!! Just our cup of tea. As I will be working in Mangere and the OH propably in the CBD, it seems pretty central for both of us. We don't mind traveling a bit, and traffic is not that bad. In south africa I work 13 km from our house and it takes me 30 min to travel! OH works approx 8 km from home and it takes him 45 min to get to work. I live in edenvale and its part of ekuruleni municipality and we are around 2.5 milion people traveling to work daily!