Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christchurch suburbs - is Linwood ok?

Default Christchurch suburbs - is Linwood ok?

Hi Everyone

There is a great house for sale in Linwood. Can anyone tell me what kind of area this is?

Many thanks
    Rose

Sorry to disappoint Rose but linwood and its high school don't have very good reputations in chch.

I personally wouldn't live in Linwood. Horrid mall there too.

Dang!! And it was such a cute house!!!

we live in the city/linwood area and its not an upmarket area but we have some great neighbours and have had very little trouble. but things over the other side of linwood towards arunui are worse. Depends what you are used to (and we were used to a very nice middle class rural village) and what your tolerance is. there is a massive mixed ethnic presence at the local school and the high school seems to be turning out good results considering the intake. some kids turn out better people for mixing with kids out of their own socio economic, dare I say it, class.

You're definitely more city than Linwood Veronica - Linwood really isn't an area I'd recommend, we had friends there (Maori) and even they said it was a dump and not safe.

Do you have a street name Rose?

Hi, Im sorry to have to agree with everyon eles on this but Linwood is not the best place to live in christcurch. I work at the train depot and it dirty and noisey there. Every morning there is fresh graffiti on the walls. Plus sumner traffic passes through there every 9-5 and it gets busy. Sorry to disapoint but good look with the house hunting. Ps were looking for a house too only been in christchurch 2 months

The house is on Rudds Rd.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/

Actually I am hoping to live in a mixed area. Too many white people in one place is trouble, hahaha. One of my worries about Chch is that it is too pale.

But I am not keen on graffiti, burglaries etc.

On the map, Linwood looks great - close to town, on the way to the beach, as someone said.

Rose

Rose

I've just looked at the map (Rudds Rod is located in R/21 on the map below) and it really isn't a nice area of Chch at all. Not only that but, and I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong, I think you're pretty near the "poo ponds" known as the oxidisation ponds (click on map 15 tab on map to move further east) and the sewage works. Plus it really isn't nice round there and the park where the softball is held is notorious at night - mind you, I lived in North New Brighton and many people think that's a dump too!! Each to their own... worth checking out some areas when you get here before getting too attached to properties online!!

http://www.ccc.govt.nz/maps/Wises/map14/MAP14.asp

Helen

Poo ponds? How glam. That does change things a bit.

I have also been thinking about Brighton, which must be an area that will go up in value, as the beach properties are tarted up, right?

All this is a wee bit premature as we are still in Sweden and won't actually make it to Chch until Feb or March. But it is lovely to dream!

Thanks so much for the feeback. If I get any more brilliant ideas I will share them with you. Hahaha,

Rose

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast