Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Diary of Laser Eye Surgery

Just wanted to do a quick update in case anyone in Wellington ever thinks of getting their eyes done.
    Had mine done 2 weeks ago Wednesday just gone & it's been great for me. The op itself was not as bad as the prep talk I was given, sounded awful but it wasn't that bad at all & I'm a real baby, lots of prep work on my eyes & only seconds of the laser, A small amount of pain & scratchy eyes after, just like wearing lenses, which I was just ones that heal the eyes. I walked out 1 hour 20 minutes later with blurry vision & this slowly improved over the next week. Although I've been told it will get better than it is now I feel it is perfect. It all feels a bit weird as I keep getting up in the morning & thinking I've forgotton to put my glasses on then realise I can see & at night I keep thinking I can't go to sleep until I take out my contact lenses but it's great wearing sunnies now
    Wellington Eye Centre where I had it done was great & I managed to get lots of 8am appointments so I didn't have to drag the kids with me, next check up not until end of Jan now so all good, wish I had it done years ago

Glad it's all worked out! I'm still jealous and can only dream of waking up and being able to see! Hoping in time treatments will advance enough for me to try again ....

Just had both my eyes lasered today with lasik with optical express in sheffield. Had my procedure upgraded on the day due to a faulty laser battery on my pre booked surgery

Got to admit 3hrs post op I was in tears at home with pain/discomfort and inability to open my eyes due to stingin. However 7hrs later here I am on the laptop with my shades on at 8pm in a dark room lol!! I still have a foggy outlook but hope to be much improved when I wake tmrw.

Well done, it will get so much better. I still have funny moments when I get un-dressed & think I still have my glasses on & they are going to bash my nose & when I come downstairs in the morning I think I've forgotten them, even found myself itching my eye thinking I had glasses to itch around the other day, I wonder how long till that feeling goes

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345