Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 232425

Thread: Sponsoring Parents...

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
    I've asked this before with no luck but I thought I would ask again.

Does any one know if you can sponsor both sets of parents into NZ. My OH and I both only have one sibling so the centre of family is fine. We would like to sponsor my parents in Sept 09 and OH father in due course. We could meet 2x the financial commitment. I am just looking for confirmation that you can sponsor 2 sets of people. I know that you can't sponsor 2 sets of people under the grandparents visa, which is why I'm worried.

Does anyone know of the right person to contact at NZIS in Auckland to ask them directly? I don't have a NZIS key worker / named contact from our own emigration.

Debbie

I don't think there is a problem Debbie. My son has sponsored Michael & I and also his father and his wife (his father & I are divorced of course!) with no problem at all. Go for it!

Bx

Smile

FAB!

That's what I wanted to hear.

I've looked everywhere for a confirmation that it was possible but it seems to be one of those things where they will tell you what you can't do rather than what is possible.

Thanks again, that is such a weight of my mind, can't imagine what it would be like having to choose what parents to bring over now that both sets want to come.

Debbie

Well, now I stop to think about it, it makes perfect sense - you are two individuals, each with a set of parents. So EACH of you has the right to sponsor yours in. And evidently, from Mickstim's son's experience, each parent with a new partner, if that applies.

That's what we thought as well and were very confident with that until it stated on the Grandparent visa that you could not sponsor more than one person (or a person and their partner) at a time. At that point the panic set in as we had always told grandparents that if they wanted to come over we would support/ sponsor them as they are all over the age limit for their own PR application.

I am so relieved that I've managed to find someone who has sponsored more than once.

Mickstim, what was the time gap between your son sponsoring you and him sponsoring his father?
    Thanks again for the info.

Debbie

We were granted our PR then about 4 months later my ex was granted his, so not a big time lapse! I'm not sure when he put his application in (my ex) as he lives in SA, but it wasn't so long after us.

Bx

Quote Originally Posted by Moorf View Post
    One sec....

More positives from CO, just the formalities and it's all done and dusted...

Needless to say, I'm ecstatic
    Oh, I missed this post as I was on holiday. Belated congrats to you all.

Thanks!

Just need to get their house sold now...

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 232425