Thread: Employment Agencies - Job Offers

Default Employment Agencies - Job Offers

Hi

I hope someone can offer us advise on this.

We are trying to register with agencies for work so we can get a job offer (chef). All the agencies we have tried say we must have permanent residency.

Does anybody know of any agencies that could help us,

Thanks

Natalie

If the agencies won't work with you unless you have PR, your best bet is to try applying for positions directly with employers. Here are some good sites for job listings:

search4jobs (NZ Herald)

Seek

Trade-Me Jobs

NZIS Work

New Kiwis

NZ Government Jobs

Working in New Zealand

Best Jobs NZ

Good luck in your search!

Jo

Thanks for posting those links, Jo, turns out we didn't have several of them!
    Ana

Default Keep Trying!!

Thanks for those links Joe - much appreciated.

Ive been contacting loads of companies tonight and 2 have expressed interest but only when we arrive which is a pain - but will keep trying. Need that job offer.

Marks cooked for the Queen! someones got to want him

Natalie and Mark x

Hi Natalie,

I'm afraid most NZ co's won't take you seriously unless you come out here. We registered with all sorts of agencies & one phoned us & told us they could easily get my OH a job, but he needed to be in NZ for interviews.

A lot of people come out for a reccy trip & get a job offer then (we did that - we only came for a week & OH had a job offer on the first day!). Otherwise, you could up sticks & come over on visitors visas & look for a job when you arrive (get work permit & apply for residency once you're here).

Good luck with the hunt! Chefs are in great demand so he should have no problems getting a job.

Default The Kids!!

Thanks Sarah thats really useful info.

I am so reluctant to get temporary visa's and just go for it for one reason, my kids. I dont want to uproot them and have to come back if we dont find work. Its so hard. Im not giving up though. I will write to every company in NZ!

Thanks xxxx

Natalie and Mark

Hi Natalie,

It is possible to get a job offer without having to be in the country. I and many others on the forums have got jobs via this route. It really depends on how much of a shortage there is in your particular skills, and the company - some companies will not look at you unless you have a work visa/PR, while others (particularly the larger ones) are prepared to deal with NZIS and give you a job offer.

If you are the principal application on your PR application I would recommend considering coming to NZ for a couple of weeks (getting some job interviews lined up if you can) to see if you can get a job offer sorted. If you have firm plans to visit NZ for job hunting it can also make companies more willing to interview you while you are the UK as well. I know it is difficult with kids though with popping over though.

Rgds.,
    Nick.