Thread: Suntan Lotion

Default Suntan Lotion

Strange what goes around your head, two weeks before your due to go on holiday and at 3.30am isnt it.

NZ here we come for 3 1/2 weeks, do I go down the tradional route of at least SF30 if not SF50 20 times a day or shall I try the all singing all dancing P20, which you apply just once a day, half an hour before you go out.

Many thanks for your help.

Loulou

Hi Loulou, hows trix :P

ooooohhhhhhh It's all getting very exciting! Whatever you do don't get the P20 stuff eeeeekkkkkk I'd go for the factor 30+

Milliemoo

Quote Originally Posted by Milliemoo
    Hi Loulou, hows trix :P

ooooohhhhhhh It's all getting very exciting! Whatever you do don't get the P20 stuff eeeeekkkkkk I'd go for the factor 30+

Milliemoo
    me too........

Hi LouLou,
    As a suncare adviser I did try the P20 on my 12 month old daughter a few years ago - she did not burn etc but didn't really get exposed to the sun anyway. It was difficult to use and very expensive!

I would advise the factor 30 or total sunblock myself.
    It has worked for millions of people for many years.
    The main thing to remember is reapplying regularly to ensure its effectiveness.
    Cover -up as much as possible and stay out of the sun in the 11-3 hours

I know You probably know all of this but you wouldn't believe the amount of severe sunburn cases dealt with over the lengt hof a year!!

P20 is horrible to use and I know I just would not have the confidence to trust something for all day.

Have a FAB holiday

Love Linda
    xxx

Apply P20 at start of day.....spend all day in the sun.... get home and realise that you missed a bit! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

I would never trust something that you apply once. Apart from the possiblity of 'missing a bit' surely your clothes will rub it off a wee bit (straps on tops etc) and also sweating. I'm sure it probally has a claim like "sweat resistant" but everyones different .....Frodo's a complete sweat monkey! hohohoh :mrgreen:

To summarise..... I just don't trust the stuff (Boots don't sell it for a reason!)

Milliemoo

Sainsbury's came up trumps. I don't know about the store near you guy's ,but ours in Lancaster have a 90% off stand . A very good friend came around with 6 large bottles between 25 and 30 F. ( not the cheap stuff),from this stand
    The total cost £4.25.
    Check out your local Sainsbury's.
    Chips
    * P.S. I don't work for Sanisbury's by the way.

Thanks one and all for your advice, just didnt really want to look like a lobster in a frock for the big day lol

SF30 it will be then

Loulou

Whatever you do, you've got2 "Slip, Slop, Slap, Wrap" as they say here in NZ - slip on a shirt, slop on some suncream, slap on a hat and wrap on some sunnies.

I stupidly only packed Factor 8 :eek in the case when we came out here, which was fine through the winter, but sat out in the garden last weekend with just my Factor 8 on and I turned a nice shade of pink! Won't be doing that again! Off to get some factor 15 in for this weekend....

Jod
    :cool

Quote Originally Posted by lindajax

I would advise the factor 30 or total sunblock myself.
    It has worked for millions of people for many years.
    The main thing to remember is reapplying regularly to ensure its effectiveness.
    Cover -up as much as possible and stay out of the sun in the 11-3 hours
    Hi Linda, what are the brands that you'd recommend over here? We're still using the stuff we brought with us from the UK (not used much yet ) but the day will come when we either run out or it goes off. You seem to able to buy litre bottles of the stuff in Australia but not seen any here.
    thanks

Loulou,

I'd take a look at the weird weather thread on general site. It looks like the sun cream can stay away, more like where can i get a good brolly and a thick jumper from by the looks of the various weather reports on the thread. Looks like you won't be seeing this :cool guy much but never say never i suppose. :hopeso
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news