Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auckland PR processing times

Default Auckland PR processing times

The question of processing times comes up now & then so I thought I'd share this... Nik submitted his PR (by partnership) application with the Auckland Central branch on 17 November. Today he received his passport and original documents back, along with a letter saying:

"We wish to advise you that, due to an overwhelming number of applications received by NZIS for your application category, we are currently unable to allocate your application to a specific case manager, and that it has been placed in a managed queue. Please be advised that it could take between six to nine months before you are allocated a specific case manager."

So that's six to nine months to get a case manager, and then an unspecified time to process after that. He already has a work visa so it's no big deal if it takes a while, but does anyone have any idea how long it will take after he gets a case manager?

Avril

Avril,
    We submitted application for our 9 months daugther since August, and her application is transfered to Sydney branch. How interesting is that? Since, we have to travel this xmas holiday, we had to ask a multiple entry visa, and the officer who granted her the visa so confused why would the application is transfered to Australia; whereas the applicants lives under the same soil..even same city???? More importantly, she just a BABY, you can imagine how many section she needs to fill on the application form...it just taking forever...but what can we do...I guess, we just have to be patient...patient...patient...and patient......
    Last edited by xanctus; 8th December 2006 at 09:05 PM.

Just to let you know that once you have been "Approved in Principle" it will take Immigtration in Auckland 20 working days for them to stamp your passports with the little blue stickers (once they receive them) according to the nice people on the Immigration National Helpline.

Rgds.,
    Nick.

wow.. any updates on this? We're just starting our PR process, though we could be on our work visas till 2009. Its a bit worrying to hear that it takes that long in Auckland!!! Would skilled migrants with jobs be in different category? Anybody? Sore recent experiences?

Giving this a bump to see if anyone has further info on processing times in NZ at the moment?

Ta

It does seem to take much longer for partnership applications than for skilled migrants. I applied for my PR (partnership too) in July 2005 and got all that palava about 6-9 months etc. I too had my work permit so I wasn't too fussed. I eventually got a case officer in February 2006 and got my PR in April. So, the longest part seems to be the actual getting of the case officer. If you change address or get a new mobile number or anything like that just give them a call and update your records - it made me feel that I was reminding them of my existence Good luck

Default Update

Today we got a letter saying that Nik has been assigned a case officer.
    So our current timeline for a PR via partnership application (answered "yes'' to the expat spouse question) is:
    application submitted 17 November
    documents & passport returned 8 December
    case officer assigned 30 January (just over 2 months, original letter said 6-9 months).

Today's letter says we should have a decision "by 30 July 2007 at the latest".

As for my child...nothing! submit the application sometimes in August 2006 until now. I wonder, since my child is a baby...it would be less important for them to take care.

I suppose they have to put a wide timescale on things just in case but it makes you wonder sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by sidabrine
    wow.. any updates on this? We're just starting our PR process, though we could be on our work visas till 2009. Its a bit worrying to hear that it takes that long in Auckland!!! Would skilled migrants with jobs be in different category? Anybody? Sore recent experiences?
    Skilled migrants are still being processed as normal. No delays when my friend submitted in December. She was allocated a case officer within days of submitting her EOI.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast