Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Food market at Te Papa

Default Food market at Te Papa

Very specific to Wellington I know - this market has been mentioned a couple of times on here but I went for the first time today and so wanted to mention it again for anyone who like me is new to Wellington.

Its only there on Sunday mornings - I wandered down there about 9.30am and there were about 10 sellers there - each with a huge variety of fruit and veg. I stocked us up for the week - kumara, red onions, mushrooms, carrots, celery, asparagus, courgettes, coriander. all good quality stuff and all for the princely sum of $12.20

There's also one on Sunday mornings near the top end of Willis St, near the Unicomm buildings, which may be more convenient for some people.

And the one on Saturday morning in Porirua is AMAZING!
    It's all cleared by 9am though - so you need to be there early.

I like the one at Linsdale =)

Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    And the one on Saturday morning in Porirua is AMAZING!
    It's all cleared by 9am though - so you need to be there early.
    Where in Porirua is it? And what time would be best to go?

Louise

Hi Louise - it is just next to where the white canopies are - in the large carpark by McDonalds.
    I've only ever been around 8am - never up early enough! But I think it starts from around 6am?
    The food is fantastic. But I've never been brave enough to have spicy stuff at that time of the morning

Thanks Carol, I'll give it a try

Louise

I'm with Carol, the Porirua one is very good if you can get up early.

There's also a farmers market at Moore Wilsons in Porirua, on Fridays and Saturdays with about 30 stalls.

The market at Te Papa on Sundays is very good too, especially if you don't want to be up at 6 am. It goes on until around 1 pm.

so on saturday i could get up early and go up to porirua to the early morning market then go on to the farmers market at moore wilsons afterwards? now that sounds like fun. i so need a car.

actually i had my first visit to moore wilsons on saturday i can see me spending a lot of time in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigirl
    so on saturday i could get up early and go up to porirua to the early morning market then go on to the farmers market at moore wilsons afterwards? now that sounds like fun. i so need a car.

actually i had my first visit to moore wilsons on saturday i can see me spending a lot of time in there.
    Yes, you could get the train but you'd put your back out carrying all those bags.

Did you get coffee while cruising with your trolley in MW's Fresh? Oh and try their danish pastries from the fresh bakery, to die for. Yumm Yum.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast