Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving N.Z to U.K...

Default Moving N.Z to U.K...

... anyone done it ?

Done a search - and nothing showed up, but I can't believe that it's not been written about SOMEWHERE on here !

Specifically, moving companies, tips advice, pitfalls etc...

Anyone ?

Hi G&K, I know there are a few of us moving back to the UK for one reason and another. We are in a similar position looking for removals etc but haven't posted on here as people are mainly coming the other way...... so please feel free to PM and perhaps we can share resources. I think colindp is going through the move too but not sure who else........

We've booked to return in May next year so my goal is to be more organised than I was when I moved here

Good luck,

Louise

Not NZ to UK but NZ to OZ. Used Allied - I can get contact details if you need them , but they were good and the company they used in OZ were also good. - Just remember that once it gets in the container on the back of the truck on the way to the docks it is largely out of the hands of the the shipping co. you used.

And DON'T use any shippers insurance - arrange it yourself - lots of threads about it.

Came across this a while back and meant to post it. Its actually for people returning to the UK from all over not just NZ, but I'm sure you'll be able to get some useful info!

http://www.britishexpats.com/forum/f...splay.php?f=61

Might be useful to have a returning home board on here, it could also include info for those of us who just pop back for a few months also.

Hope it helps

Cheers

Tia

Quote Originally Posted by Tia Maria
    Might be useful to have a returning home board on here, it could also include info for those of us who just pop back for a few months also.
    Funnily enough, a Kiwi has just asked us the same thing too - not so much a returning home board but a board to ask questions about moving to UK and US locations. I think we will do something along those lines - a resource for anyone moving to those countries (whether returning home or moving there for the first time). To quote from the message - "The people on ENZ from the UK and USA are so knowledgeable and helpful about New Zealand that I wondered if they could extend their helpfulness to talking about the countries they came from."

In general, I'm reluctant to add too many boards to the forum because it has quite a lot already but I think this would be a very helpful resource to have - if people would be willing to share this sort of info?

I think that’s a great idea,

I’ve been in NZ about a year so the advice I could give is sort of limited (about NZ), but if anyone wants to know about life in the UK or USA I’m sure that there are many on here that could paint an honest picture

Bob

Count me in -- I'd be glad to answer questions about the US.

Hey and I can tell you all aboot Canada. And as hard as it is to believe, you might want to consider moving here especially now with the global warming in full swing. We have had no snow so far and temps are so high it feels like doing a BBQ outdoors. So anyone needing info on the Great "Green" North, give a shout.

Excellent idea Tia and thanks for the link.

It would be wonderful to be able to ask about relocating back to the UK and pool resources.

I think on this forum in particular people don't stand in judgement if you decide NZ is not for you and are more than willing to help people to find happiness wherever that may be and as such I think a moving 'elsewhere' area on the forum would work really well.

L

As I'm from SA and emigrated to UK 7 years ago, count me in for a [slightly dated ] view on South africa, and what it's like to set up in the UK from scratch [a different perspective than "native" Brits might have

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast