Thread: Primary Care Nursing Jobs

Default Primary Care Nursing Jobs

Can anyone out in NZ advice me on a website regarding primary care posts, district nursing or practice nursing. We are hoping to get a posting in Hamilton area but we patiently await location and start date for my OH's job. I currently work as a district nurse and it would pain to me to tread the ward rounds again especially with 2 kiddies under 3 and shift work. I have found a few search engines with employment agencies but nothing specific to nursing.

Many thanks Amanda xx

Amanda

It's not my area at all, but does this help at all for starters? It's got lots of nursing jobs but they may be able to point you in the right direction for your skills. Good luck

http://www.waikatodhb.govt.nz/WDHB/jobs.asp?content=270

Hi Amanda

I'm not in primary care (I'm work in NICU at the moment - hoping to get a plunket nurse (like health visitor) job soon) but Smiler has the right idea. Try the DHB's (district health boards) in the areas you are interested in. They all have websites with vacancies hidden somewhere on them. Otherwise look on www.seek.co.nz or www.trademe.co.nz (and check out jobs). Good luck.

Debs

Thanks ladies, I have looked into both of the sites and once we finally find out where we are goin I can investigate further. Do you also happen to know if there are as many practice nurses within GP practices as there are in UK, that is another option for me.

Thanks Amanda xx

As far as I know, most GP's have practice nurses - much like the UK. Not really sure where the jobs are advertised or how often they come up. I think alot of practice nurses stay in the one practice until they retire (from what I can tell). I'll ask my practice nurse if there's anywhere special jobs are advertised next time we go (Cam is due his third Hep B so will ask when I get that done).

Debs

Cheers deb ur a star!!!!

xxx

HiThere
    I was a PN in the UK, and have far more experence than those working over here, although Nurse Practitioners are slowly coming too! So it was not an option for me instead I opted to go back to Hospital, I now work at Auckland City Hospital in ED and love it (never thought I would go back to hospital either). As far as shifts go I pretty much pick my own shifts, so works really well!

Good luck to you

You will often see PN jobs advertised in the New Zealand Herald, not sure the website but you can find on Google if you don't already have it.

Hi Amanda

I was wondering whether you had any joy regarding your enquiry into primary care nurses, I am immigrating to NZ in July/August and am myself a practice nurse. Wondering whether you found any informative websites to explore?

Lee