Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diabetes - type 2 Diabetic who takes Metformin

Default Diabetes - type 2 Diabetic who takes Metformin

Another famil I know are seeking to emigrate from the UK and would like to know if "If a person is a well controlled type 2 Diabetic who takes Metformin" will they fail the medical that is required???.
    Thanks for any comments.

Default ? Diabetes

I had no problem as the main applicant as a Type 2 diabetic on medications. What they are more concerned about is the weight of such a person.

Its good to know that NIDDM is not a major obstacle to emigrating. I'm also a Type 2 diabetic on oral medication only and I've just got my EOI selected.

What I'd like to know is - are there additional hoops to jump through for people like us? I read somewhere that a Medical Waiver is required.

Default Diabetes

I've been in NZ for two years and am a Type 1 diabetic. Since I've been here I've had my medication upgraded and my control has increased considerably. Only thing to watch is the cost of getting your medication. You have to apply for government assistance. Doctor should help you with this.

When applying for residency, you have to do a few extra blood tests to prove that your health is ok

Glad to see there are people here who are suffering with diabetes, sorry i should say have diabetes as its a condition and not an illness. Apologies if i have offended with my opening remark.
    My wife has just been diagnosed with the condition and is slightly concerned that a spanner my have been put in the works, but after reading these posts all is well i think. Put a request on general chat site for a bit of guidance, have had a few replies which i am grateful, but your comments have now allayed our fears.

Thank you.

Kim

Meant to ask in previous thread. Sorry, but i am going to be ignorant. What is a type 2 diabetic?

Kim

Iwas diagnosed type 2 at my medical as my BMI was too high 18.5 stone ops: I had to have a glucose tolerance test which showed that I was type 2. Type two is also known as Mature onset diabetes usually age 40 +. but a change of diet I'm now nearly 2 stone lighter :cool and my blood sugar is back down in the normal range I still have to visit the diabetes clinic every 4 months to have my blood sugar level monitored.
    But the good news is I have my PR no worries

I'm SO happy with this forum!
    This was a question I was laying awake with last night.
    I'm overweight and had a warning that my blood sugar level was too high a few years ago.
    Since then I lost some weight, altho not all I want/need to lose, but the level has been perfect since,
    I should have used the search function earlier!
    Thanks to you all, most of my questions are always answered here

My father-inlaw is diabetic type 2 and got in no problem apart from letter from gp, also his mum has diabetes type 1 and got in.

liz

I was diagnosed type 2 at my medical(shock!!!!!) I am at present controlled by diet only and I got my PR no worries had to lose a stone or two though nearly put it back on now though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast