Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visa requirements

Default Visa requirements

Can anyone offer any advice on how much the xrays and police certificates cost to go with visa's ??

Awaiting all info from NZ House in London but as Christmas period, taking its time and my head is spinning with everything .....

HElp!!

Hi Sharon,
    Police checks are a straight £ 10.00.
    When you say Xrays I presume you mean medicals as Xrays are part of the medical. It all depends on where you live and where you go but the average cost is anything between £ 150 (If your lucky) and £300. We paid £210 for ours. If you have a pre existing medical condition then you may have to pay more for extra blood tests.

Hope this helps

Dave and Caroline

If you go to the panel doctors, do shop around. They are very up front about their fees. Out of London appear to be generally cheaper than the Inner London ones. Mine also cost £210.
    Good Luck

Sharon, let us know where you live, if you up in the north west then Dr Million (no joke !) in Manchester isn't too bad.

If you have a family it can cost approx 600 quid for all of you. So as you can see it pays to shop around.

Good luck.

Steve and happy new year !!

My OH was at Dr Million for the tests on Dec 20. She saw Dr Smith and said he was very quick, very professional (she hates blood tests but he did it really well) and the offices are really easy to find. The radiologist was also very jolly and they do it all in-house and took under an hour.

It was £265 all in (£110 for appointment, £100 for bloods and £55 for x-rays)

-- it's cheaper in NZ (if you were able to risk going there with a return ticket or a work permit) but we wanted the reassurance before we went.

Best of luck

We wrote to all our local doctors (get their addresses from the panel doctors section on the NZIS website) and asked for quotes. They did vary but the prices above are not too far off what we paid in the end as it was easier to stay local and pay a bit more than travel for a cheaper price.

sorry, we live in Neath in South Wales and will go over on work visa's
    forgot that bit of info ...

In that case you might not need any health checks at all...

Are you going on a work-to-residence visa?

From NZIS website: Each applicant who intends to stay in New Zealand for more than 6 months and who has risk factors for TB is required to complete (and submit with their application) a Temporary Entry X-ray Certificate.

Each applicant who intends to stay in New Zealand for more than 12 months is required to complete (and submit with their application) a Medical and Chest X-ray Certificate.

Since it gives you up to 12 months, you might be better to get the extending medical/xray checks when you are over there.

The site says you only need the x-ray if you're from a non-low TB country (UK is low Tb) or if you have lived in one for 3months or more.

If you want to stay for more than 12 months you need to have the whole medical-check caboodle

But if you go to: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../caniworkinnz/ it gives a pretty comprehensive rundown

yes, they would be work to residence visas and a student visa apparently for my 4 1/2 year old.
    i will look at site, thanks for your help!!

Default US fees?

Not meaning to hijack this thread, but does anyone know the average cost of US medicals and X-rays? And did you submit any of this to your insurance, or did you pay all up front?

I am not sure what to expect to pay (I have four of us to pay for!!)

thanks,
    Christine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast