Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Great Place to Eat Mexican Food!!

Thumbs up Great Place to Eat Mexican Food!!

Hello there!
    Well i thought it will be nice to share a very good place with you guys that serves some of my favorite easy to make dishes from mexico. The owners are mexicans and their food is amazing !!!!
    The place is in Wellington and is only open from Fridays to Sundays and during vacations daily.
    Oh yes! is in the Wellington Markets and it was on Wakefield
    Street across of the museum in the food court.
    Ok hope you can visit some time there if u want to experience a beautiful mexican meal...by the way it was so good it brought me back home!!
    Ok, i did my job by telling you...the thing i should really do is open a mexican restaurant myself dont u think??? hahaha! well prob i will do but when i feel better.
    Love u all, take care and God Bless,
    Adriana

Yay! We'll be there! Thanks Adriana.
    Ana

Yea!!! I am in need of some good mexican food... I'm already missing it!

Mmmm, yes, I love that food court. The Chinese and Italian places are also good.

There's also good Mexican food (though I couldn't say how authentic, and pricier) at Flying Burritto Bros on Cuba St.

Default Hi ana!

Quote Originally Posted by anna_c
    Mmmm, yes, I love that food court. The Chinese and Italian places are also good.

There's also good Mexican food (though I couldn't say how authentic, and pricier) at Flying Burritto Bros on Cuba St.
    Well i can tell you the food in the flying burrito is not bad at all but is not the same....the food i talk about u can find it in many places in mexico is easy to make and is traditional, no extravanganses just easy to make and delicious!! I mean they even sell huaraches that means sandal because of the chape of the "kinda fat tortilla" they put some sauce that we call salsa and eggs on top of that it is served with refried beans and a side of grilled beef.
    If you ever go to Mexico city you will find out what i am talking about....almost in every corner they have a stand where they sell tacos, quesadillas huaraches, etc the food i found in this little place in wellington...
    The owners are so friendly and they help my family in law to understand better what was all about, so dont be afraid to ask....we even gave eachother our emails as i was so excited to find some other mexicans living here in NZ!!! The mom is Raquel and the daughter name is Christina

Hey Adriana, do they make carnitas? Just curious, in case I never get the hang of it.
    Ana

Default what they have

Quote Originally Posted by Ana&Steve
    Hey Adriana, do they make carnitas? Just curious, in case I never get the hang of it.
    Ana
    No! i will ask for the recipe to my dad if u want so u can prepare some
    They sell that i remember:

tacos dorados(u can choose the filling, potato, chicken, come with side of beans and rice) on top it has salad and sauce and sour cream)
    huaraches(as i explained b4)
    Huevos rancheros(eggs on top of a fried tortilla with red sauce on top, side of beans)
    Huevos divorciados(eggs on top of a fried tortilla and with green and red sauces on top, side of beens)
    fajitas
    Tacos de cochinita Pibil
    Enchiladas verdes and rojas (green and red enchiladas)
    Quesadilla(fat tortilla and cut in the middle with a filling u choose dont remember which they offer sorry topped with salad, sauce and sour cream)

Sorry, i dont remember but i am sure they have other 3 choices or so.
    Ok see ya!
    Adris

I would LOVE your Dad's recipe! I bought a few Mexican food cookbooks in anticipation of our move, but a family recipe beats a book any day! Thanks again.
    Ana

Wow thanks for the recommendation - Mexican food is something we love & we've not ventured to Flying Burrito Brothers since 2 different friends of ours were sick after eating there...

I think there's definitely a market for Mexican food we'd certainly come along if you opened a restaurant

Great news for us too! We have slim pickins here in NYC for good authentic Mexican food. Luckily we have one tiny place by us but still can't get certain dishes we were able to get back in Southern California.

Ana - what cookbooks do you have?

Emily

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast