Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Second-hand furniture

Default Second-hand furniture

Hi - I've been reading that the Kiwis like large dark furniture and that second-hand sells well. Can anyone tell me what type of shop sells this kind of furniture, and an idea of prices? Thinking of an oak Welsh Dresser, for instance. And what about old pine - is that the same?? Thinking of what you would want to take or what can be fairly easily replaced once there. Thanks.

Default Furniture

Early Settler do a nice line in reproduction furniture, I think they get it made up in Malasia

Old, original Welsh oak dresser? If so, bring it, you won't find anything like it here!

Please PLEASE someone correct me if I am wrong but I haven't seen any antique/old furniture shops in Chch.... and some of the second hand shops are just junk shops really.... having said that I think some stalls in Camden Market would go NUTS over the 60's retro stuff I've seen here in junk shops!!

Hi,
    Any suggestions about websites selling second hand furniture / other house hold goods (TV, fridge, microwave ovens etc)???
    That would guide on what all to bring along and leave behind.
    Regards
    Sanjiv

Sanjiv

There is a second hand web site where you can bid for items - like e-bay and it's here http://www.trademe.co.nz/

Sandra

the other one is the BUY SELL & EXCHANGE (equiv of LOOT or Exchange and Mart) website http://www.traderpoint.co.nz/

Thanks a Ton, Sandra and Veronica,
    This looks exciting.
    Warm regards
    Sanjiv

i agree with moorf nothing worth buying in secondhand shops just junk and most are really pricey.
    we couldnt believe what people would sell and buy.
    bring it with you if you can.

Must comment on this subject!! We came here with nothing, and planned to furnish the house with secondhand like I have always done in the uk. Well how shocked I have been!! The quality is bad and to top it off, soooo expensive! Like others I couldn't believe the price they were asking for absolute **ap!! Hence ended up buying new
    Joanne

you can buy new for what they are asking it's rubbish and its like the stuff you would find at the tip,that people throw away

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast