Thread: Fees For Residence - Skilled Migrant Category

Default Fees For Residence - Skilled Migrant Category

I am wondering if the fees that london office charges for Canadians once you are approved for residence are GBP 525 for each person or the family? Can someone clarify please. I realize the fees for online EOI is NZ $300 (for the whole family). Thanks

I can't swear that this is correct, but from the NZIS fee schedule it looks to me as though the fees for the Skilled Migrant Programme are:

+ $300NZ Expression of Interest
    + $1500NZ (aka £525) Skilled Migrant Residence fee
    + $300NZ per person Migrant levy (max $1200NZD per family)

This would be consistent with the amounts our financial records show we paid, $224.35 USD + $945.35 USD + $408.14 USD, although it appears that there was an extra fee tacked on to the EOI fee (we seem to have paid about $360NZ).

So that £525 fee is per ITA, not per family member.

Jo

Thanks for the info. It is good to hear the GBP 525 isn't per person. Regards,
    Stu

can confirm - the £525 is per ITA application but you pay the migrant levy per person. Hope this helps...

Thanks TFR, I feel good about it. Appreciate the help. Regards,
    Stu

Yeah Stu, the ITA fee is for the applicatioin, not the whole family. The migrant levy is per person, including kids.

Just a quickie, if you want to string out your time, you have up to 4 months to submit your ITA and if successful, you have 6 months to pay the migrant levy, which will give you 18 months leeway if you need the time that is!

Thanks Steve, Considering the amounts these NZIS guys charge us, I might just need that additional time to second mortgage the home and cough up the monies by the deadline

Cheers,
    Stu