Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: If you get job offer how quickly....

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Scotland > Hamilton, Waikato
    Posts
    1,137

    Question If you get job offer how quickly....

    ...do NZIS deal with your ITA?

    We already have our ITA lodged and were wondering if OH got a job offer how quickly NZIS turn it around.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Hi Pinkpiggy,

    We put our ITA in the same week as you. (I had the dodgy liver results!)

    I had a re-test in December and the results were better. Anyway to get back to your question, I have a job offer and our case officer e-mailed on Wednesday (10th) to state she was passing our file to a colleague for quality checking and would be in touch within a week to let us know the final decision.

    So that would make it about 2 months from submission of ITA to decision.

    Although I don't know what that decision will be though!

    So it seems its worth getting ajob offer if possible. We're off to Auckland on a recce on 1st feb if we can help out with any fact finding for you.

    Hope this helps
    Last edited by Dash; 14th January 2007 at 06:06 AM. Reason: speeling

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    189

    Default

    we got a decision in 2 weeks!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    UK>Welly>Boonies>where next?
    Posts
    3,756

    Default

    Pinkpiggy

    I can't find my thread on this but basically our ITA was jogging along with no hint of the case officer moving anything.

    OH got offered a job late one Sunday night. He emailed the CO on monday, he was interviewed by phone Tuesday and we booked flights. PR was confirmed the following day which was Weds. OH went to London to get magic blue stickers on Friday and we got on the plane following Weds morning.

    It all sounds very easy writing it down and TBH we were lucky as we were in rental accomodation for which we paid our landlord 2 months rent in lieu of notice, with with the proviso he'd refund us if he let the place before 2 months was up. I'd also been pretty good at planning etc, so we'd got shipping quotes etc to work with.

    It can be done and we'd both said it was good to do it that way. The goodbyes were traumatic but they didn't go on for weeks, which I think I would have found too distressing.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Scotland > Hamilton, Waikato
    Posts
    1,137

    Default

    Hi

    Thanks for the replies. Our main reason for asking is that we think we might have sold our house.

    We had a viewer on Wednesday and they put a verbal offer in on Thursday, which we refused. They then put a slightly higher offer, again we refused. They came back for a second viewing today and asked us what we would accept. Basically they don't want all the hassles of the house going to closing bids (Scottish system different to England). They will speak to Estate Agents on Monday.

    We also had another couple who came back for a second viewing who said they were going away to discuss putting an offer in.

    Potentially we could have a moving out date of mid-March but it's only been a month since we submitted our ITA. In order to get things moving OH is now busy at jobs (not that he hasn't been already just with a little more gusto)
    Last edited by pinkpiggy; 14th January 2007 at 09:24 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    UK>Welly>Boonies>where next?
    Posts
    3,756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkpiggy
    Hi

    Thanks for the replies. Our main reason for asking is that we think we might have sold our house.

    We had a viewer on Wednesday and they put a verbal offer in on Thursday, which we refused. They then put a slightly higher offer, again we refused. They came back for a second viewing today and asked us what we would accept. Basically they don't want all the hassles of the house going to closing bids (Scottish system different to England). They will speak to Estate Agents on Monday.

    We also had another couple who came back for a second viewing who said they were going away to discuss putting an offer in.

    Potentially we could have a moving out date of mid-March but it's only been a month since we submitted our ITA. In order to get things moving OH is now busy at jobs (not that he hasn't been already just with a little more gusto)
    Good luck with the sale.

    I've everything crossed for you all.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Palmerston North - X Yorks UK
    Posts
    1,580

    Default

    Fingers crossed for the sale!

    And our ITA was fast tracked due to Kev's job offer - so it would speed things up if you got one!

    Good luck!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Scotland > Hamilton, Waikato
    Posts
    1,137

    Default

    Smiler, Marcia

    Thanks for your good wishes. I've got everything crossed too.

    Marcia - I've been keeping up with your adventures via your piczo. You look like you've been having a ball since you arrived. Although I bet you've had a lot of hard work too.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Hi guys,

    Sorry to jump in on your post. But I'm hoping you've answered the question I was just about to post.

    Do they fast track you if you applied for PR if you already have a job offer? The reason for asking is I submitted all of my docs last Monday (in person at NZ house) and have received a letter stating it will take between 1 - 3 months to process. Is this just a standard letter the send everyone? Seems a little long seeing as I had everything sorted. Also does everyone have an interview with the case officer? Because I was wondering how long I should wait before contacting them.

    Thanks

    Lee

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leeb
    Hi guys,

    Sorry to jump in on your post. But I'm hoping you've answered the question I was just about to post.

    Do they fast track you if you applied for PR if you already have a job offer? The reason for asking is I submitted all of my docs last Monday (in person at NZ house) and have received a letter stating it will take between 1 - 3 months to process. Is this just a standard letter the send everyone? Seems a little long seeing as I had everything sorted. Also does everyone have an interview with the case officer? Because I was wondering how long I should wait before contacting them.

    Thanks

    Lee

    You received the standard letter. We had the same. We had a job offer and it took about two weeks to get first contact with our case officer. I had to get more liver results!!

    After sending those (a month later) I was contacted a week later saying a decision will be made within a week.

    So minus the dodgy liver issues, we were dealt with within a month, but I wouldn't take that as a comparison as things can effect their ability to deal with all cases such as the old workload issue. But it seems they are prioritising PR applications.

    I would sit tight for about a month (hard I know) but unless you have a looming deadline to take up the job I would give them a bit of time to process your ITA.

    We haven't had an interview, I don't know what criteria they use but if your a native english speaker and have already been offered a job, it seems unlikely you will get one.

    Hope this helps. (I will find out by Tuesday if we've got PR so time is dragging for us too!! )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •