Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Air NZ Baggage Allowance

Default Air NZ Baggage Allowance

We're flying via Hong Kong and have only 20kg pp. Has anyone managed to get extra allowance with air NZ without having to pay the excess?

We're flying out on 2nd Feb and just found out that we don't need to pay the extra £20 airport tax each. That could buy us an additional 5 kg's !!!

With everything we've gone through these past couple of years, I think right now is one of the most stressful times as DD approaches !!

Keith & Debby

If you fly via LA (or even set a return via LA) you get 2x22kgs, so it might me worth you paying the 50 quid to change your ticket! I set up a 'dummy' return via LA and flew out via HK - I may not use my return leg so it didn't matter which way it was routed anyway.

I was told something crazy like 50 pounds per extra kilo in excess baggage so it was well worth it for me.

Hi Keith and Debbie,
    We flew via LAX simply because of the higher baggage allownace (2 x 23 k bags per person). Don't know about HK, but just wnated to say keep going! You're so nearly here and it will be lovely to hear from you once you arrive (btw, it stays mad for the first couple of months!)

Gil
    x

Thanks for your replies.

I'd rather go via Hong Kong, I've heard it can be manic going via LA with checking out and then back in again, besides, I've never seen any part of Hong Kong, so Keith will have to travel light while I bring all my shoes !!!

See you soon !!!

Keith & Debby

Just had a word with Singapore, we can have 35k per person. Didn't Air NZ lower their allowance recently?

And another one, why do people going to Oz get a higher baggage allowance? Strikes me as odd that one... guess there is a reason for it though.

35K per person from Singapore Airlines ?..whom did you speak to (and what number did you phone) and what did you say ? - I phoned last week and they turned down my request flat!

Any helpful hints much appreciated!

I'm with you on the stressful - flying out 26th Jan. Can't remember what a full night's sleep feels like!

Don't know the girls name, but she said emigrees get 35k! Holding her to that one, although I didn't get her name Pip, sorry

Phoned the 0844 800 2380 number (for uk only)

Hope this helps

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    35K per person from Singapore Airlines ?..whom did you speak to (and what number did you phone) and what did you say ? - I phoned last week and they turned down my request flat!

Any helpful hints much appreciated!
    Pip, ring and ask again, several folks have had two different answers off two different people, get them to email you confirmation too if you can.... just in case the check in chick gets snooty!

I'm trying!! have already been on hold for 20 mins earlier, then had to go to a meeting. Will keep trying.. thanks for the advice! (that or send half my luggage to Steve D to bring )

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast