Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to apply for NZQA assessment

Smile How to apply for NZQA assessment

Hi Everyone

First posting of many we hope!

Please help! paid for an initial assessment with a migration company before finding this forum and the masses of info you have here.

Initial assessment advised that we appear eligible to submit an EOI under the skilled migrant category but goes on to say that it would be essential to apply for an NZQA assessment.

As we are now probably going down the route of not using an Agent please tell us how do we apply for this assessment and do we need a pre or full assessment?? and what is the difference!

Many thanks.

Nelly & Tarquin

A pre-assessment only takes a week or so to come back, and is about $75 US. It is good for the EOI.
    A full assessment is required for the ITA, but can take up to 3 months to come back, and costs about $350US. So if you are eager to submit your EOI, you might want the Pre-assessment, and if you are confident you will get picked, go for the full at the same time, to save time.
    Here is the site to get started.
    NZQA
    Ana

We're in the same boat as you! How are you getting on? We're just trying to get all the paperwork for our EIO in one place. So now, due to the change in rules we'll have to get our qualifications NQA assessed even though they are both degrees from Universitys in the "okay" list. Does anyone know if it's just the principle applicant who needs to be assessed or does a second applicant (on a joint) application need a full assessment as well if they are claiming 10 bonus points for having a degree in an area of absolute skills shortage?

Right then, scores so far, Me 0, NZQA website 1

Default NZQA Website

The NZQA website is quite good and when you print off the sheets to have your quals assessed there are a number of pages giving you a step by step guide. You will need transcripts for course and original certificates and you must include photocopies and envelopes for them to return documents to you (I think) You can also pay for a 'fast track' service which I think takes one month to be returned (THIS IS MORE EXPENSIVE!) I have decided not to have the pre-assessment and just go for full assessment and then submit the EOI (hopeso!)

Hope this helps!

Lisa x

Default Response to Helensy

Hi
    Helensy, from what I have read on the NZQA website if you are claiming points as the second applicant you also must have your qualifications assessed by the NZQA.

Lisa x

from what I have read on the NZQA website if you are claiming points as the second applicant you also must have your qualifications assessed by the NZQA
    as a second applicant myself (now in NZ with PR!) I can promise you this is definitely not the case. NZIS do not require secondary applicants to have NZQA assessment provided your qualification is on the recognised list.

Default Teaching Qualifications

Hi
    I am the second applicant and was advised that I do have to have my Qualifications assessed, I am going to be teaching in NZ and my qualifications are on the list too. I am confused now?? Does this mean that I do not have to go through the process of sending the money and paperwork for my qualifications but can go straight to the teaching council for paperwork and permission to teach?

Lisa

no thats a different matter - you don't need your qualifications assessed for your visa application - you'd be able to get PR without having them assessed.

but as a teacher you'd need them assessed before you could teach - but thats nothing to do with your visa.

Default Thanks

Thanks for the response This emigration stuff is so confusing sometimes and just when I think I know what to do next 'WHAM' I don't! We have been researching for most of this year and I still don't have a clue A long process right enough!

Good Luck everyone

Lisa x

Hi everyone. I'm looking at the NZQA website, and am scratching my head in dismay.... where do I need to look, to find out how to assess my quals?

I've been selected from the EOI pool, but I am now worried that my degree will not count as it is not majoring in IT, and I am claiming points for it... I need to get it assessed, but the NZQA website is doing my head in...

Can someone please walk me through the links?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast