Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: US NZ container prices

Default US NZ container prices

Can anyone give me a ballpark on a 20 foot container from the US (West coast, if possible) to Welly or Auckland? I've not seen prices and I didn't get a call back from the one shipper I tried so far.

Thumbs up Hi.heres some help

The same thing i was saying.there isnt that many quote prices here for people in the US....we just got our three quotes from three companies...sea and air.meyers moving and vanlines...im here in brooklyn ny.....we live in a three bedroom apartment on the 4th floor...with huge amounts of clothing..lots of pottery and books...alot of stuff already in boxes like lawn furniture etc that we bought and never opened....and some knick knacks...the furniture that we are bringing are china cabinet....three seat sofa.....2 chest of draws..and lboxes with things we bought like pots and pans etc..so this should give you an idea what we are bringing up.. from 2 companies we got an estimate of $7,750......from the third $8,500 for 20ft ...$10,000 for 40 ft.as this company wasnt sure on which it could fit......
    we ended up with sea and air international because.they are very professional and provide you with info booklets and email testimonials etc........we chose them because they went the extra mile on professionalism..and curtesy..plus their company is well known...with hosiptals art companys etc..
    so our estimate is $7,750....guranteed price..when you do accept them.......you have to put down a deposit of $1,000.and they take it from there...they said it will take one day to pack up everything...the final cost will be on moving day.when they see just how much space it takes up..the price will go down if it is less space...the price will stay the same at the guranteed price if not...
    hope this helps*

bye bye

I've priced some but still a ways off from hiring anyone...UPakWeShip quoted me $3500US but you only have 2 hours to pack and stabilize your own container. The "full service" companies were all about $7000US. These were all for a 20ft, and w/o anyone coming to the house, just doing the online work sheets. I'm looking forward to wanderingoregonian's DYI shipping story, once the container arrives!

Auskiwi recently shipped a 20 ft container from Oregon to Auckland, maybe try PMing her?

We used Allied and I wouldn't recommend them. I think I have tried to forget everything associated with them but we had them pack our house in Park City UT, load a 20 ft. container, bought about 2k of insurance (I think) and unload in Auckland. We had 7,000 lbs. The whole thing was about 10k including the insurance...hope that helps....

Hi there Tigerlily! Does door-to-door do international? I used them from Boston to Portland (they're based in Seattle) and they were lovely to work with! www.doortodoor.com my internet cap has been reached or I'd look myself

Default Was it Worth It?

For those who have shipped from US to NZ, was it worth the cost to move the furniture compared to what is would cost to replace it?

Hi there - we just shipped at 20 ft container from Santa Barbara, CA to Wellington for around $9000. We didn't take out insurance as there were so many exclusions we felt it wasn't worth the high cost. We got charged extra for weighing so much (lots of wine, very heavy!) That included packing and unpacking/hauling away packing materials at the NZ end.

We used Crown and they were great; their crew wrapped everything so well we only broke one bowl and a wooden shelf got broken on one side from being put under something. Their appraiser DID under-estimate how much space we'd need, though so we had to give away/leave some things very last minute as we didn't quite fit in the 20 ft. The container arrived 2 weeks early, quite a surprise.

Jen

We just got a reasonable quote from Portland, Maine to Wellington for a 20 ft container: $6730 US. A local company, Bisson, is packing us up and Rainer out of WA will do the actual shipping. We don't have much except furniture e.g couches, beds, tables, lamps, framed wall pictures, and lots of books. We are hoping to take all of our clothing on the plane but that may just be a pipe dream!

We shipped a less than full container load, but to add to the last post, we used Rainier without problems. They're based out of WA but we dropped our stuff off at their Los Angeles depot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast