Hi,

I have been following ENZ forum for quite some time now, but this is my first ever post! I am planning to relocate to NZ this year (April). I have tried applying for jobs from oversea (UK) but so far no response. Very frustrating. I've learnt that some members of this forum managed to secure a job offer while in NZ on visitor visa. I'll be visiting NZ to attend my sister's wedding in Wellington in April and at the same time will do some job hunting myself. I noticed that most of the members' job are in the field of IT and it seems that IT-related jobs are in demand in NZ. I'm worry about the job prospect in my field. I'm wondering if anyone in this forum have some information on the job market in the area of science..or any scientists out there that are willing to share their experience with me? I am recently qualified with PhD in the area of Virology. 1 year experience as research assistant, nearly 2 years experience as a university lecturer. No post-doctoral experience..yet.. I am looking for a postdoc/research/scientist position, not restricted to the area of Virology as my skills are transferable to other area of biological sciences. Thanks!