Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Used House Lots

You're damn tootin' baby !!!!! I've even decided to drop a letter through their door when we arrive asking them if they will consider selling it to us.

Well, you never know do you. I reckon it would be really good to end up living in the house that you grew up in

Diny x

hi PB

that is one gorgeous house. it looks cozy and warm even from the outside. hope i can find one like that when we get there.

hello to your mum and dad

annie

oh my God. It's beautiful. I really, really, really do NOT want to end up in a 'box' when houses like that exist. I'll wait.

There's a used house lot not too far from my parent's house in Auckland. They move the houses (usually cut into two halves) on large trucks at night - and they often come down my parents street - you can hear all the shouting and engine grinding as they try to get round the bend just outside my parents house!! An amazing sight to see!!

I love your old house PB. An old colonial would be my dream house. Especially if it had verandas fully enclosing the house - wow!! *sigh* not likely in this lifetime, methinks!!

Debs

Thanks to you all for replying and thanks Diny for the pic of the house. It looks amazing. Just what we would like when we get there. :hopeso

Thanks Gran for the link.

We were just amazed to see this couple wander around this site with lots of houses, chose one then have it lifted by crane and moved to their site. Brilliant idea, I do not know how many times I have had to move house to a new area and did not leave my house behind.

One thought that we had is, we want to build our own house. Is it possible to buy an old one and keep it on the site until the new one is built then sell the old one on again. But if we found a brilliant one like your Mum and Dads PB, we would not have to build our own.

Nic

I've seen it, just outside Feilding on the Halcombe road. It's in a lovely setting and looks very grand as in the photo.

Sandra

Just found the following link for a firm in Christchurch where you can buy a second hand house, or get them to build you one in their yard then transport it to your site.

http://laing.co.nz/

Roll on next year, I am dying to go and have a look at their yard.

But on later reading of their website their houses seem to be made out of chipboard not real wood so maybe not a good idea.

Nic

Yeah that's it Sandra. It's a cracker isn't it?

Diny

Yeh Diny

Fancy growing up in a place like that. Does he have delusions of grandeur?

Delusions of granduer? PB? You gotta be kidding me

Anyway - I've found a couple of pics related to this topic. Fancy that eh.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast