Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Used House Lots

Default Used House Lots

I was watching Rough Guide to New Zealand yesterday on Sky Travel. They visited a Used House Lot where a young couple bought a used house for $5000 dollars. Then had it loaded up and transported to their section.

Does this still happen - or did the practice stop years ago.

Nic

Or have I been caught out by a late April foolsday joke. ops:

Ooops have got to stop talking to myself in public. ops:

Believe me, its still going on and is quite popular by all accounts.
    I grew up in what the real estate people now call a "Colonial Villa"; an old 100 year weatherboard house on Ruahine St, Palmerston North.
    After my parents retired they sold the house, and it has now been moved 20 miles away to a site in the country side just to the north of Fielding.

I also intend to research this idea upon our arrival.

Yes indeedy, however, I did hear of one instance where a husband had moved the family home as a suprise to the wife to a beautiful location, but the crane dropped the house or something slipped and the house was dropped and ruined on the new site.

How awful would that be?!

Sarah ... I shouldn't laugh but that would be funny.

Err Honey ... they've just dropped the house off..... ops:

Anyway - re PB's posting above about his olds house that was moved from Palmerston North. Here's a picture of it in it's new location.

[img][/img]

That is georgeous!! Where shall we start the bidding then Diny?

Default house

I want that house Is that a cage to the left hand side of it? PB is this where you were kept when you were naughty

Default houses

Here is a house movers site in Whangarei, http://www.yellow.co.nz/site/whangar...04%20Sale.html
    He has one nice one there, they will also lift your house so that you can build a whole extra floor underneath, useful in these days with small sections.
    Aparently you have to be careful with these house movers, some of them are cowboys, hence someones house getting dropped !!!

:eek it is gorgeous!!!
    thanks for sharing,diny!

jes :angel

Amazing innit!
    Its been on that site for about 10-15 years now. They have re-painted it since we lived in it. It was once white, with a green roof.
    The 2 (of 3) visible windows to the left is/was the master bedroom and running down the back of the house is two more bedrooms. The centre left window with the seat under it was my sisters bedroom and the next window to the right of that with the other seat under it, was Mums sewing room. The 2 (of 3) visible windows to the right is the lounge and further to the right is the kitchen/living room. Straight back to the rear of the house is a massive bathroom and laundry area.

Believe me, if this ever comes up for sale again in my lifetime, y'all know where to find us! :hopeso

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast