Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rotorua for a week in the Easter Holidays

Question Rotorua for a week in the Easter Holidays

Looks like we'll be heading to Rotorua for a week in the Easter Holidays

Has anyone got any suggestions on what to do activity wise. We've got 3 kids in tow (aged 6, 4, 3) so I think that rules zorbing out, although my 3 year old is always up for a challenge

Ruled out Hells Gate have heard it's very expensive and we like to keep things cheap when the accommodation is costing us the earth.

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....hlight=rotorua

Have a look at this for some ideas, we went last year...

Thanks, did a search but nothing seemed to come up

Going to sneak another question in ...

Is the Cormorandel a driveable day trip from Rotorua ?

You want to kill a few hours, then go up on the Gondola and have a go on the luge run. A adult ticket for the ride up on the gondola and 5 luge rides is $39, and for a child $29. We did it the other week and spent 4 hours up there. Had an absolute ball, and the wife who is scared of heights even did the Skyride.

As for a day trip up to the Coromandal from there will take you around 3-4 hours.
    Kim

There is a park near to the swimming pool with lots of thermal activity going on - enough for kids of your age to see - free of charge.

The luge is excellent. We had a picnic at the bottom - there is a mini golf down there too.

My six year old had 3 rides in the Zorb and loved every minute - BUT - it was $90 I think your others may be too young...

The info centre is excellent - they will give you lots of ideas of things to do at low cost.

The Agrodome is cool - they will love the sheep show. Not sure of the cost to get in - but it will be on the net somewhere I guess.
    (We had 3 teens with us this time so we didnt bother with it - not "cool")

Looks like it's going to be an expensive time Just seen the link for the boat and walking cruise with 2 adults and 3 kids that's a family around $70 then another lot for the skyline, better start saving.

What age is suitable for the luge ?

With the Waimangu walk and cruise around the lake, would a 3 year old or a pushchair be able to manage it ?

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlingbadger
    What age is suitable for the luge ?

With the Waimangu walk and cruise around the lake, would a 3 year old or a pushchair be able to manage it ?

You can go down it with the little ones on your knee - the six year old will manage fine on the Scenic slope and possibly the intermediate.

Sorry - dont know anything about the walk......

Cool, I'd imagine it'll be my 6 year old on the knee and my 3 year old taking off on his own

SB we are going back in a couple of weeks (hubbys works family weekend) so may be able to add a couple more suggestions, think we are going to Paradise Valley Springs as part of the package... and staying at a holiday park, so will let you know what thats like too.

Yup, it is going to be a bit expensive if you do everything, thats how we only did one paid activity per day (or tried to!) Kuirai Park is nice, its right by the hospital, and on the main road, so you cant really miss it, it has a swing park, and some mud pools, and its free!

Start saving and have fun!

There are quite a few places with free mud pools etc - we're off to Rotavegas in a week or so & one of our friends is going to give us a map with all the free mud pools on it - I'll let you know where you can find a map like it when we get it...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast