Thread: Dinner Jacket AKA Penguin Suit

Default Dinner Jacket AKA Penguin Suit

Black tie, formal dress ware, is it of any use in Auckland/ Wellington just wondering about stuff to bring and have new outfit in wardrobe but is it worth bringing and taking up valuable space in cases?

Thanks

Bring it all with you when you have the space available. Otherwise you have to buy it here. Unless you won't expect to attend similar parties anymore. I particularly do not like black tie invitation, but here in Wellington they certainly exist.

Cheers,
    Anita

if you can, do. better to have it. my partner left his formal wear behind and i think he regrets it because he's yet to find something similar here that he likes.

Thanks for this thread, guys, it's helped me with the formal dress dilemma. I thought to leave them behind, but maybe I'll bring the favorites, at least!
    Ana

On tuesday we went to the NZ premiere of Hollywoodland. Dress code was "black tie and vintage dress" and people looked truly fantastic - one woman in full formal attire including elbow length gloves etc, even one young (maybe 16ish) lad in classic 50's suit and trilby.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigirl
    On tuesday we went to the NZ premiere of Hollywoodland. Dress code was "black tie and vintage dress" and people looked truly fantastic - one woman in full formal attire including elbow length gloves etc, even one young (maybe 16ish) lad in classic 50's suit and trilby.
    That sounds awesome! Did you take pics?
    Ana

i didn't i'm afraid. when i saw what an effort people had made i was a bit gutted that i hadn't taken my camera though

That 50's suit was the latest stylee wasn't it?? LOL