Thread: Certified Copy of Passport

Default Certified Copy of Passport

So I didn't read the full document until i got home, but at the top of the page, it says, "Copies of documents can be certified by a Lawyer or a Justice of the Peace (JP). JPs are listed in the Yellow pages of the phone book. Their service is free."

Unfortunately, I just got back from getting a 'certified copy' from the police station. Did anybody file submit their ITA using a police certified copy of their passport? Or do i really need to go to a JP?

ps - anybody reading this, you need get get *every* page photocopied/certified, not just the page with your picture. It took a fair bit of convincing on my part to get them to certify each page.

is that for your ITA sue? if so NZIS in the uk specifically told us that we only needed the photo page copied and certified.

Or is for your shipping container?

You will be surprise how many JP actually live near you! Found few in my areas but one live just opposite our house, very handy! You need to photocopy yourself at library or whatever you can get copy from, before you meet JP as they don't have factility to copies for you. You need to photocopy the pages contain your detail inc photo and pages contain your PR/visa as well as returning visa. They have special stamps to confirm his/her as JP then he/she will sign it next to it.

hth

Hi all. thanks for the quick responses! This place is really great.

The certified passport is for the ITA.

One of the sheets in the package -

"Passports - Original or certified copies for everyone included in the application. If you are providing a certified copy of a passport you must supply a photocopy of *every* page in it"

So maybe this 'every page' is a new requirement. If it makes any difference, I was already in NZ when I got the ITA.

I just seem to be short on time these days, that's why I'm reluctant to drive down midway to go find the JP. The police was really nice about it - they did all the photocopying there (and free of charge). However, perhaps not sufficiently 'certified' in NZIS's eyes. I guess I'll drop my CO a note on the matter.

ttfn!

We needed our passports back quickly, as we travel quite a bit. I just put a note in our ITA and they sent the passports back by return post.

I took all my docs to NZ house. I had photocopied everything but hadn't had anything certified. They certified them when I handed everything over with my ITA. Although I gave them my passport (to speed up putting the blue stickers in it), I would assume that they would be willing to do the same with the passport as well. I think as long as they've seen evidence of the original documents they're happy.

Lee

I got all photocopies of my documents certified by a solicitor here in NZ. This is of course free of charge. The solicitor wanted to certify only the cover page of the documents but I told him to certify each page and he did so. You can send certified copies of everything except the police certificate and of course the medicals.

Our local solicitor in the UK (who we had never used!) certified everything we needed for us free of charge - I would just pop into one and ask!

Matt